GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
575 Posts
I think having Al leading the Hummer team gives it instant credibility with the traditional American auto gearhead like myself. Chevy guys naturally love the man. Ford and Dodge guys can't help but hold him in high regard simply because of how excellent the reborn Camaro has been. He turned the Camaro from a straight line machine into a track weapon capable of matching or beating cars 3, 4, even 5 times it's price. And with numerous 8 cylinder variants...his creations tug at our heartstrings.

Put it another way, if a traditional EV guy led the team, the Hummer program would have a much more drastic uphill battle with the ICE crowd. Putting a car guy's car guy in charge helped many overlook the EV part to see the insanity part.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think having Al leading the Hummer team gives it instant credibility with the traditional American auto gearhead like myself. Chevy guys naturally love the man. Ford and Dodge guys can't help but hold him in high regard simply because of how excellent the reborn Camaro has been. He turned the Camaro from a straight line machine into a track weapon capable of matching or beating cars 3, 4, even 5 times it's price. And with numerous 8 cylinder variants...his creations tug at our heartstrings.

Put it another way, if a traditional EV guy led the team, the Hummer program would have a much more drastic uphill battle with the ICE crowd. Putting a car guy's car guy in charge helped many overlook the EV part to see the insanity part.
Absolutely, @Aloppen is the man, just look at the Camaro ZL1 1LE which punches way above its weight class and holds the GM production car record at the Nurburgring (maybe not for long though as the C8 Z06 is over there testing now) GM definitely picked the right guy to lead the HummerEV and BT1 development.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts