GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on a Road Trip for the first time. Apps for DC charging are numerous. My dealership recommended Charge-point. Any recommendations form real world experience. Thanks in Advance.

Skyhopsing

·
Registered
406 Posts
Planning on a Road Trip for the first time. Apps for DC charging are numerous. My dealership recommended Charge-point. Any recommendations form real world experience. Thanks in Advance.

Skyhopsing
for the hummer in order of importance I’d say are. 1. PlugShare, 2. Electrify America, 3. EVGo, 4.ChargePoint

PlugShare will help find any and filter with reviews. EA is the fastest 350kW you will want to try to target. EVGo has some super fast but usually slower still, they are upgrading network slowly. 4. Charge points are mostly L2 but some L3 (would berare to find on road trip).

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
718 Posts
ChargePoint only has slower DCFC (50-125kw at best). You really need to go with Electrify America. EVGO is OK, but they really do not cover highway routes at this time. The EA app and Plugshare work with Carplay and Android.

The guys at your dealership are EV dummies. :LOL:

I did an Arizona to SoCal road trip this weekend in my Mach E, used 4 EA sites, they all worked great, but of course the Mach E has Plug & Charge, makes it super easy. Just be prepared for the gas (oops, I mean charging) lines.

Car Automotive parking light Wheel Sky Cloud

EA is almost everywhere.

World Ecoregion Map White Font

·
Registered
2014 ELR, 2018 CT6, 2022 HEV1
71 Posts
Chargeway is one I like.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
718 Posts
I think Chevy/GMC now has plug-and-charge ability through EVgo, and the GM app also has route planning with charging stops. But Plugshare and EA are by far the most useful.
The main issue with the Chevy/GM app is they are not connected to the live status of the EA stations. Ford has integrated that so I can see the live status right on my nav screen in the car. GM does have that for EVGO and ChargePoint, but those chargers are not in any useful locations for road trips and most of those are low power, making them unusable for anything other than a Bolt, Leaf or Niro.

Today, EA has the only network that is comparable to Tesla, and they actually have more charging sites, but not as many total chargers.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts

Skyhopsing
I recommend using plug-share and filter by 200 kW chargers from EA, EV-Go, and plan your stays at hotels that have level 2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts