GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hummer EV owners or Dealer Service Reps, could you recommend the very best extended warranty plan for the Hummer EV? I planning to keep my Hummer EV for 7 years or longer and will likely drive it over 100,000 miles in the next five years.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Haven't really seen anything besides the additional extended warranty you can only get at time of purchase. The Platinum protection plan doesn't seem t ok be for the Hummer yet but bet they will make it available. That one you can buy after take delivery.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The GMC dealer I purchased from recommended highly against the GM extended warranty and said none of the GMC dealers sell it anymore. I actually offered to buy the GMC extended warranty and they didn’t want to sell it to me. They said most/all dealers now sell third party warranties that are better. That’s why I am asking about which third party extended warranty is the best.

·
Registered
569 Posts
The GMC dealer I purchased from recommended highly against the GM extended warranty and said none of the GMC dealers sell it anymore. I actually offered to buy the GMC extended warranty and they didn’t want to sell it to me. They said most/all dealers now sell third party warranties that are better. That’s why I am asking about which third party extended warranty is the best.
Could be that they just make more money off of selling the other warranties

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
815 Posts
One issue with the warranties is that they assume 12k miles per year. I put a lot more than that on my cars, so when I got my Mach E, I was able to negotiate 5 years and 125k miles.

I normally do not go for extended warranties, but when it is a new unproven model, I decided to do it. With all the high tech stuff and things like air suspension, it is probably worth it for the Hummer.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Sounds like he was just upset about not hitting his profit per copy and trying to upsell you on the 3rd party warranty. I worked in finance for several year at a dealer we hated selling the GM warranties and most dealers have quotas to hit on the warranties they sell through their 3rd party companies

1 - 12 of 12 Posts