GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Groundbreaking started on new facility that will produce the battery enclosures for GM's electric vehicles:

Interesting, Sounds like Magna will manufacture the battery module housings... This will be an interesting part to see how they incorporate high voltage connections and cooling. I would imagine this part is universally designed for all Ultium products.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since this facility will not be operational until 2022, I wonder where the battery enclosures will be produced for the Edition 1 Hummers introduced at end of this year.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Since this facility will not be operational until 2022, I wonder where the battery enclosures will be produced for the Edition 1 Hummers introduced at end of this year.
Good question... With traditional OEM's when they announce operational dates typically that means full series production, so I take all dates with a grain of salt. Magna may be building these enclosures on another site for prototype and early production. Considering the size of the facility and the announcement from Magna, they will be building the enclosures for all Ultium batteries. If this was just for the Hummer EV, it would slip below the cracks. I sure do want to see one of those enclosures though, see how they do the cooling and heating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts