GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you that have taken delivery—how large are the back seats? I currently drive a Jeep Trackhawk and the back seat space is great—except for the middle seat.

With the hummer being (a lot) wider, I’m hoping it might actually be possible to put 3 adults back there—is it? Is the leg room terrible?

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Those of you that have taken delivery—how large are the back seats? I currently drive a Jeep Trackhawk and the back seat space is great—except for the middle seat.

With the hummer being (a lot) wider, I’m hoping it might actually be possible to put 3 adults back there—is it? Is the leg room terrible?
Rear Leg room is fine for 3 normal adults in the back. not quite as much as the current Silverado/Sierra crew cabs, but suitable.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have sat in one (including the back seat) and driven it around the dealer lot. As Tom mentioned, the leg room is a little less, but the width is fine: The same as any full size truck. I specifically reviewed the back seat as I have three adult sized teens that need hauling around. The rear seat is more than adequate for that. There is a VERY minor hump on the floor in the middle, but it won’t interfere with comfort. The headrest in the center is smaller, but you won’t notice.

·
Registered
26 Posts

I compared it to my Sierra Crew Cab. There is 1-2" less leg room in the Hummer EV, measured from front of back seat to back of drivers seat in my driving position. However, the back seat of the Hummer is nearly 2" wider and has 1-2" more head room. It also "feels" roomier because of sky panels. Plenty of room for 3 average-sized adults.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
I compared it to my Sierra Crew Cab. There is 1-2" less leg room in the Hummer EV, measured from front of back seat to back of drivers seat in my driving position. However, the back seat of the Hummer is nearly 2" wider and has 1-2" more head room. It also "feels" roomier because of sky panels. Plenty of room for 3 average-sized adults.
Hummer seat is lower to the floor, so the legroom is more needed.

·
Registered
147 Posts
In terms of spec sheets, GMC claims 43.4" of rear legroom in Sierra Crew Cab 1500 and 38.9" in the Hummer. 65.3" shoulder room in Sierra vs. 64" in the Hummer (despite being a significantly wider truck).
Font Screenshot Number Rectangle Circle

Font Material property Screenshot Number Rectangle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts