GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
41 - 60 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
He sent me a few photos and I see that it’s missing the rear hooks also, hopefully they’ll be there next week. It’s about a two hour round trip for me.

Did you pick yours up this morning? First impressions??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got mine this afternoon, 580. Was built in June. It's awesome. Def hear the tires and have a tiny bit of wind whistle in the roof but sure will figure that out. It's an awesome truck so far on the 50 miles or so home. Will check it all out tomorrow on weekend. Turns out they had all the parts/hooks so don't have to go back for anything like that.

I like the bed rails. Also the mud flaps/guards are pretty well done. Also love the black/white right side hood decals, first I've seen with it so far.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I AM liking that the majority of sales are now in the 800+ range. Likely means more builds are making it through production without being pulled aside for QA, recall, TSB, etc. issues. Production hiccups being ironed out.

A slight jump to a conclusion here, but I'm also getting the feeling that they're going to move straight from Ed1s to dealer demo builds (which will all likely be 3X's spec'd like Ed1's without the badging) and not comingling them with customer builds because if they're already delivering VINs over 1000 then they're either at the end of Ed1 production or less than a month away...in which case they'd need 3X orders already taken and ready to go unless they were just going to shutdown the factory. Hence, why they'll probably just build demos and maybe a customer 3X or two before the end of "Fall 2022". A simple "customer 3X builds will begin in earnest in 2023" would be appreciated instead of being left to read the tea leaves.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
I AM liking that the majority of sales are now in the 800+ range. Likely means more builds are making it through production without being pulled aside for QA, recall, TSB, etc. issues. Production hiccups being ironed out.

A slight jump to a conclusion here, but I'm also getting the feeling that they're going to move straight from Ed1s to dealer demo builds (which will all likely be 3X's spec'd like Ed1's without the badging) and not comingling them with customer builds because if they're already delivering VINs over 1000 then they're either at the end of Ed1 production or less than a month away...in which case they'd need 3X orders already taken and ready to go unless they were just going to shutdown the factory. Hence, why they'll probably just build demos and maybe a customer 3X or two before the end of "Fall 2022". A simple "customer 3X builds will begin in earnest in 2023" would be appreciated instead of being left to read the tea leaves.
There will be some 3X delivered to customers this year, but there are likely years worth of customers with 3X reservations, so for the average customer, no way to estimate yet when delivery will be. GM said 3X deliveries start this fall, did not say how many.. Could be 1, to meet guidance.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I just left my dealer... I had left my name with a salesman a while ago and asked if they got one in to give me a call so I could at least see one in person. They called me this morning and I went by... The one that they have is a "used" one with about 1500 miles on it. I got to sit in it and check it out and it's AWESOME. He said that he thinks that it is a demo unit from the dealer outing that they had at Charlotte motor speedway about 3 weeks ago... He wanted $215,000 for it and was wanting to know if I wanted it.... 🤣😂😂 I have patience and will be more than happy to wait for my 3X and actually I hope that it's a 2024 with the new OS and ability to get the Power Bar option.... Any idea if when they call me whether I could postpone and keep my locked in pricing? (I highly doubt it) I guess that I could always just order another and wait or sell/ trade in the 1st one...

41 - 60 of 105 Posts