GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019, Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Autoline will be conducting an interview with Mark Reuss in two weeks about GM's EV Strategy on their Afterhours show and it will be open to questions from the community but they will be picky for the best ones.

They are looking for questions now so send them their way! @Tom E-Tron @Dark-Fx This may be something both of you would be interested in.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Autoline will be conducting an interview with Mark Royce in two weeks about GM's EV Strategy on their Afterhours show and it will be open to questions from the community but they will be picky for the best ones.

They are looking for questions now so send them their way! @Tom E-Tron @Dark-Fx This may be something both of you would be interested in.

You mean Mark Reuss?

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Why aren't you a fan of Reuss??
I think Mark Reuss is a good man, but in his position leading design, engineering, and manufacturing I do not think he has the passion and energy left in the tank to lead a large organization, I see him as a blocker, blocking younger more passionate, and possibly smarter people from moving up within GM, Like in the interview yesterday on Autoline I did not get a feeling of passion from Mark, and he does not seem to have laser focus, I felt like he was daydreaming, and just coasting through the interview. I feel like Mary needs to make a change here, and bring up somebody from within that has more passion, and exudes energy when giving an interview, and more leads the team with passion, and commitment. I feel like Mark is just burned out, and his best days are behind him.

For GM It's like a baseball team sticking with an old veteran pitcher, while their best pitching talent rots in the minor leagues, I feel like GM has tons of Ace pitchers within their ranks and its Mary's job to find them and promote them, before they burn out and move on.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
I think Mark Reuss is a good man, but in his position leading design, engineering, and manufacturing I do not think he has the passion and energy left in the tank to lead a large organization, I see him as a blocker, blocking younger more passionate, and possibly smarter people from moving up within GM, Like in the interview yesterday on Autoline I did not get a feeling of passion from Mark, and he does not seem to have laser focus, I felt like he was daydreaming, and just coasting through the interview. I feel like Mary needs to make a change here, and bring up somebody from within that has more passion, and exudes energy when giving an interview, and more leads the team with passion, and commitment. I feel like Mark is just burned out, and his best days are behind him.

For GM It's like a baseball team sticking with an old veteran pitcher, while their best pitching talent rots in the minor leagues, I feel like GM has tons of Ace pitchers within their ranks and its Mary's job to find them and promote them, before they burn out and move on.
I wanted to add, GM has a culture of staying with leaders that do not make waves, a guy is mark's position should be rocking the boat back and forth every day, and pushing for the best from his staff. He may have been that guy years ago, but not anymore, now he looks tired, like he needs a nap, and a bowl of ice cream. Mary made a great move putting Travis Katz in charge of BrightDrop, that is a younger, smart, and passionate manager. Need more like that, and it might be time for Mark to head out to pasture.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts