GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Hummer EV Edition 1; 2007 Maserati QP Sport GT
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning,

One issue I have noticed is that I cannot access my home Wi-Fi unless I disconnect from CarPlay in the house. I have no issues with Apple CarPlay in the vehicle. When I am in the house, I am using cellular coverage because it will not allow me to connect to Wi-Fi. If I turn off CarPlay it still will not work. However, if I disconnect the vehicle from CarPlay, I am able to access the home Wi-Fi again. I did a Google search but was not able to find a solution. Any advice would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2022 Hummer EV Edition 1; 2007 Maserati QP Sport GT
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
When I paired the phone to CarPlay, I used Bluetooth as per the instructions. I just noticed that I named the Hummer Wifi Hotspot the same name as my home wifi when at the dealership. I changed the name of the hotspot and will see if that helps. Thanks!

·
Registered
2019, Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,260 Posts
When I paired the phone to CarPlay, I used Bluetooth as per the instructions. I just noticed that I named the Hummer Wifi Hotspot the same name as my home wifi when at the dealership. I changed the name of the hotspot and will see if that helps. Thanks!
Yeah that would do it.... you had an issue with the SSID.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Ha, that would do it also. Note again, CarPlay uses Bluetooth for the initial setup, then switches to WiFi itself after that first part of setup - can't be on it and another Wifi signal at same time. Reason it needs wifi is that Bluetooth is too slow/doesn't have the bandwidth for the amount of data CarPlay uses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts