GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a "Fall" delivery and again received the thank you for verifying email, asking me not to do anything but get excited

Immediately after receiving the email the dealership called to confirm the details. He mentioned they just got off of a nationwide call with GM on the Hummer and "its been a mess" but they are trying to get better - couldn't get him to share more.

He couldn't offer any details on timing, which we all know is what it is.

I doubt it was a coincidence that i received the email and phone call within 10 min, wondering if those still waiting had a similar day yesterday.

FWIW - Alpine GMC in Denver has been great this whole time

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
935 Posts
I'm a "Fall" delivery and again received the thank you for verifying email, asking me not to do anything but get excited

Immediately after receiving the email the dealership called to confirm the details. He mentioned they just got off of a nationwide call with GM on the Hummer and "its been a mess" but they are trying to get better - couldn't get him to share more.

I doubt it was a coincidence that i received the email and phone call within 10 min, wondering if those still waiting had a similar day yesterday.

Maybe yours came in and they sold it to someone else

·
Registered
533 Posts

Hmmm that’s interesting. Hope someone can find out what GM is sharing with their dealers

·
Registered
106 Posts
I finally saw one in the wild on I25 a few weeks back. My buddy damn near crashed due to my sudden excitement as it passed by.
looks great. And huge. Can’t wait.
Hoping to have for our trips to ski this winter
Looking forward to seeing yours! I still haven't seen one in the wild. I know I'll give my wife a heart attack with my sudden scream when I see one on the road!

I'm certainly not getting mine this winter, but look forward to seeing yours out there! I might have to bargain some kind of payment in food/beer/whatever else to get a ride when yours comes in!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've received 4 verified emails. I am a summer delivery and still no build email. Another guy at my dealer had a fall delivery, and his Hummer just showed up at the dealer today. When I call the concierge, they just tell me that my delivery still technically "isn't late yet" because summer ends Sept 31. I plan on calling on Oct 1 and seeing what they have to say. What is GM telling spring deliveries who still haven't received build emails or actually deliveries?

·
Registered
Waiting on my Spring 2022 Delivery ED1
243 Posts
What is GM telling spring deliveries who still haven't received build emails or actually deliveries?
They say your order was converted to a Summer order and we don’t know why/can’t do anything about it. And now that it’s a Summer order it’s no longer late, but will be late at the end of September and we can look into it again then. (At which point they’ll likely say your order has been converted to a Fall order and we don’t know why.)

·
Registered
403 Posts
I've received 4 verified emails. I am a summer delivery and still no build email. Another guy at my dealer had a fall delivery, and his Hummer just showed up at the dealer today. When I call the concierge, they just tell me that my delivery still technically "isn't late yet" because summer ends Sept 31. I plan on calling on Oct 1 and seeing what they have to say. What is GM telling spring deliveries who still haven't received build emails or actually deliveries?
Yeah it's a mess and we don't know the factors fully causing the out of order deliveries. I was always told I was Fall Oct-Dec. Got build email 3 weeks ago ans no ship email but a truck showed up as mine last weekend after 2 weeks. I was prepared more for Oct-Dec. Sold my Tesla MS 2 days ago for a profit now at least kinda last minute.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yeah it's a mess and we don't know the factors fully causing the out of order deliveries. I was always told I was Fall Oct-Dec. Got build email 3 weeks ago ans no ship email but a truck showed up as mine last weekend after 2 weeks. I was prepared more for Oct-Dec. Sold my Tesla MS 2 days ago for a profit now at least kinda last minute.
I’ve had new wheels for my nonexistent truck since May and was looking to sell another vehicle in June…glad I didn’t since I’m still in limbo but also annoying since the value has dropped on it since then.

Also getting contradictory messages on whether my dealer is or is not EV certified yet and have been told by different concierge folks that wouldn’t hold up a sale anyway, service would just have to be elsewhere.

·
Registered
119 Posts
They say your order was converted to a Summer order and we don’t know why/can’t do anything about it. And now that it’s a Summer order it’s no longer late, but will be late at the end of September and we can look into it again then. (At which point they’ll likely say your order has been converted to a Fall order and we don’t know why.)
Basically this

Nothing.

Certainly the say your a Fall delivery right? Should be any day. Def has been an end of Q3 delivery push in last week.
Nope.. I'm still technically a spring... I'm reallyyyyy tempted to see if I can just get them to convert it to a Edition 1 SUV

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
⬆ ⬆
I think I would also take that deal to convert the SUT ED1 to a SUV ED1… too bad that’s just a pipe dream tho

I was traveling and missed the reservation day for the SUV. Now just trying to figure out which would get here sooner between Hummer SUV vs Rivian… haven’t made a deposit on either Bc it just feels like it’s too d*mn far out for both

·
Registered
243 Posts
Nope.. I'm still technically a spring... I'm reallyyyyy tempted to see if I can just get them to convert it to a Edition 1 SUV
They tell me they see I "was" a spring but was moved to summer. Which amazingly happened on July 1 when the truck hadn't arrived by June 30. Dealer says they "should be" certified now fwiw...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Another Denver guy here with a Summer delivery estimate at Park Meadows GMC. When I inquired a few weeks ago, they still hadn’t delivered a single one. I confirmed my order months ago but nothing further and the dealer or concierge know nothing. Definitely seems to have a regional bias to this problem.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts