GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can find the full instructions for the ambient footwell lighting install? I have seen the modifications to the instructions but not the whole original document.

· Registered
GMC Gas / Diesel / EV Technician
60 Posts
Does anyone know where I can find the full instructions for the ambient footwell lighting install? I have seen the modifications to the instructions but not the whole original document.
Can you send me your email address? I can get them to you tomorrow. Did you only buy the footwell lighting kit?

· Registered
468 Posts
Would love to see also, was thinking of ordering the lighting for footwells. Has to be simple since the estimated dealer install is like $13. Figure their must be some easily accessible harnesses and clip ons.

· Registered
124 Posts
Can you send me your email address? I can get them to you tomorrow. Did you only buy the footwell lighting kit?
I had the footwell kit installed at dealer and it never works. They keep telling me its a software issue which makes no sense. Is there a know issues with the foot area lights on the light package

· Super Moderator
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,696 Posts
I had the footwell kit installed at dealer and it never works. They keep telling me its a software issue which makes no sense. Is there a know issues with the foot area lights on the light package
There is no software needed... It pulls power from a box in the truck....
Sounds to me that they never installed it right...

Also these footwell kits will only be on when the vehicle is on. Same for the LED footwell kit for my Volt.

Looks like GM planned for some other functionality for the lights but abandoned it... Some wire is not used.

· Registered
GMC Gas / Diesel / EV Technician
60 Posts
No. Do the interior lights work otherwise like with door opening? Its no software. Either did not rewire the connectors for each light (needs swapped as its LEDs) or they took the wrong wire from the BCM to tap into.

· Registered
281 Posts
Definitely NOT software. I also have the illumination package. Try the interior light switch above the review mirror, the long black switch for interior lights, it has left, middle (lights on with doors open), and right. Can you turn on with the switch? Also when the light switch is set in the middle, (doors open) the lights will only come with during "night time" when your dash turns to night time mode due to the daylight sensor.

· Registered
124 Posts
thx for the tip will try that tonight

Definitely NOT software. I also have the illumination package. Try the interior light switch above the review mirror, the long black switch for interior lights, it has left, middle (lights on with doors open), and right. Can you turn on with the switch? Also when the light switch is set in the middle, (doors open) the lights will only come with during "night time" when your dash turns to night time mode due to the daylight sensor.

· Super Moderator
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,696 Posts
Any chance someone can send me the install instruction for the ambient light kit? Thank you. Not sure why it's not included with kit if it's sold to public.
You can ask the dealership for it...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts