GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be honest and say that this is my most favorite thing about my truck (by far) is the power! It is what has made my truck the most fun to drive but it's not perfect. I'd like to talk about my experiences and I'd like to hear others opinions on this topic as well.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've noticed that when I launch in WTF mode the tires immediately squeal off the line. Then the motors throttle back (I can even hear it over the speakers) until the tires re-gain traction and then the torque resumes. I've launched one time on questionable pavement (hot day, excessive tar to aggregate ratio (but flat and smooth)). The tires squealed and motors throttled back as usual but when torque resumed the tires squealed again and the motors throttled back (again) and seriously affected my 0-60 time. This is my observation so far with traction control. Also to note, one day I tried to enter WTF mode and the weather was saying "rain" on my weather app and my truck would not enter WTF mode and instead siad something along the lines of "cooling" and just hung there. I have not been able to re-create this however.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
898 Posts
I had better WTF launches when my tires were overinflated and pack was around 60% instead of full. Tires just chirped instead of getting blown off, traction control didn't intervene. I will say that the traction control in the Hummer acted a lot like what the Bolt did, and I'm pretty disappointed by that, it doesn't react anywhere near quick enough. A launch mode shouldn't be able to completely blow the tires.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why do you suppose that full power is only available when launching "brake torque" style? Do you think it's to pre-load the drive train for the full power to prevent damage? it would be nice to have full power available at all times in WTF mode so you could do rolling starts and whatnot. At least WTF mode goes into "standby" and is ready but enhanced power should be available at all times in WTF IMO. Also I noticed in a corvette the traction control comes on with what I can only describe as "quicker modulation" so you get a rapid "squeak, squeak, squeak" and not a "squawk, pause, squawk".

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
898 Posts
Why do you suppose that full power is only available when launching "brake torque" style? Do you think it's to pre-load the drive train for the full power to prevent damage? it would be nice to have full power available at all times in WTF mode so you could do rolling starts and whatnot. At least WTF mode goes into "standby" and is ready but enhanced power should be available at all times in WTF IMO. Also I noticed in a corvette the traction control comes on with what I can only describe as "quicker modulation" so you get a rapid "squeak, squeak, squeak" and not a "squawk, pause, squawk".
Electric motors can put quite a shock load onto the drivetrain components, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was a big part of it.

·
Registered
C7 Corvette, H3X Hummer
124 Posts
I had better WTF launches when my tires were overinflated and pack was around 60% instead of full. Tires just chirped instead of getting blown off, traction control didn't intervene. I will say that the traction control in the Hummer acted a lot like what the Bolt did, and I'm pretty disappointed by that, it doesn't react anywhere near quick enough. A launch mode shouldn't be able to completely blow the tires.
I’m surprised that traction control is enabled in WTF. It’s disabled in other GM car launch control modes. Instead they retard the timing of the engine so the tires don’t slip.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It would be nice to do a smoky burnout of I so desire. Let's re-purpose the shifter to dis-engage the front wheels when we slap it "like Ken Block's" "Hoonicorn". Or perhaps, I still need to grow up, lol.

·
Registered
175 Posts
It would be nice to do a smoky burnout of I so desire. Let's re-purpose the shifter to dis-engage the front wheels when we slap it "like Ken Block's" "Hoonicorn". Or perhaps, I still need to grow up, lol.
you don’t want to do that! Because, it would be too much fun and you would do it all the time until you had to spend $600 replacing the tires for the second time!
I have a Hellcat! I learned my lesson…lol

WTF—- Where The F@%k is my
Hummer EV???

·
Registered
33 Posts
ill say that in comparison to other electric vehicles like the Plaid S, the WTF mode feels insanely slow. But tbh, that’s not really what this vehicle was made for. It’s an BIG truck that does not have the best cornering ability due to enormous tires and an insane air suspension - both things that help it excel in other areas.

·
Registered
373 Posts
ill say that in comparison to other electric vehicles like the Plaid S, the WTF mode feels insanely slow. But tbh, that’s not really what this vehicle was made for. It’s an BIG truck that does not have the best cornering ability due to enormous tires and an insane air suspension - both things that help it excel in other areas.
Agree, its still stupid fast for a truck like this. Then again, my Model S scrapes practically over the slightest incline with its massive 2" clearance at times.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts