GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

Adaptive Headlights

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  BigJonEV 
#1 ·
I see that NHTSA has finally legalized adaptive headlights and should be available on oncoming cars. I was wondering if the Hummer (or any other GM cars) will have that or already have them and can just be updated over the air? Would love to see them working on a Hummer sometime soon!

#6 ·
Haven't seen the hummer lights up close enough to know if they have anything that's not currently enabled, but in my Polestar 2, this is how the adaptive headlights will work once they are fully enabled. Right now the whole matrix is either on or off.

#9 ·
Rectangle Font Number Brand Logo
Escalade lights

Font Rectangle Number Pattern Circle
XT6 lights

So the Escalade comes standard with auto leveling lights, but this isn't the same as the adaptive cornering lights on the XT6. The XT6 you can get the premium headlamp system which is the adaptive cornering lights, but it is an option on the higher trims and not standard.

#10 ·
View attachment 1748 Escalade lights

View attachment 1749 XT6 lights

So the Escalade comes standard with auto leveling lights, but this isn't the same as the adaptive cornering lights on the XT6. The XT6 you can get the premium headlamp system which is the adaptive cornering lights, but it is an option on the higher trims and not standard.
The Adaptive Cornering lights are not the same as the Adaptive Headlights.

The cornering lights are located below the DRLs
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting

(see the square in the bottom)

The XT6 Headlights basically have the Adaptive Headlights included but they aren't activated yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.