·
Registered
2019, Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,745 Posts

Someone captured a bunch of GM EV prototypes charging together.

Several Hummers (SUT and SUV), Blazers, and a Lyriq were seen together.

A Blazer is parked next to a Mach-E so you get a good size comparison.

Mach E is smaller, lower ground clearance, less efficient, with pizza cutter tires. GM is trying to create a useful SUV. I think Blazer will crush Mach E when it hits the market. Blazer seems to be LYRIQ, and E-Tron size, Mach E is more like the Equinox size.

Its good to see comparison tests already ongoing, I see an Ioniq 5 too, which is a good looker IMO. DC Charging, the Mach E is awful, but the Ioniq 5 charges fast and should be GM's benchmark.

·
Administrator
727 Posts
The Blazer looks to be a huge win so far.

Since GM dropped the C8 Corvette, they have been on an absolute tear with cool, exciting, competitive, quality new products - the full-size SUV triplets that are killing the competition, the Hummer twins, the new Blackwing family, the updated Silverado and Sierra, the Lyriq (which has gotten ridiculous praise), the Z06, the Blazer, the Celestiq, and most recently, the vastly improved Colorado and Canyon siblings.

It's a great time to be a GM fan.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
The Blazer looks to be a huge win so far.

Since GM dropped the C8 Corvette, they have been on an absolute tear with cool, exciting, competitive, quality new products - the full-size SUV triplets that are killing the competition, the Hummer twins, the new Blackwing family, the updated Silverado and Sierra, the Lyriq (which has gotten ridiculous praise), the Z06, the Blazer, the Celestiq, and most recently, the vastly improved Colorado and Canyon siblings.

It's a great time to be a GM fan.
Agree, and the best still to come.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
686 Posts

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
What product are you looking forward to the most, Tom?
As a buyer I am most looking forward to a Blazer SS, Sierra Denali EV, and EscaladeIQ, in speculation the Silverado E SS, as an investor I am most excited for the Equinox EV, Buick Electra-E, next gen battery technology.

I hope the Escalade IQ is lower, and more performance/luxury driven, maybe with some air suspension to raise a bit for slight off roading.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
686 Posts
I see a bunch of Rivians testing in Gilbert but never see a flock of GMs like that! Pretty cool to see an Ioniq 5 in the first picture too, all those GMs make my car look tiny in comparison
The Hummer SUV, SUT and Silverado EV were spotted charging at the Phoenix Premium Outlets, a couple of weeks ago, that is I-10 and Loop 202. Likely these same ones are now in northern AZ.

GM proving grounds are in Yuma.

FYI, Rivian uses the Toyota proving grounds in Wittman.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts