GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
718 Posts
Hey well plenty of us customers still waiting for those ED1s so hope those dealers' optimism on getting their demo unit is a good sign. I'm expecting maybe October, maybe September if some miracle happens. Concierge said could still be Nov/Dec too though, ug.
Is your dealership all set up to support the Hummer? I wonder if that has held up some deliveries. Another issue is transporting them, there are several dealers in the Phoenix area that have had multiple deliveries to customers already, and they seem to get shipped in batches.

Last time I talked to my dealership the demo was not built yet, so I do not think they are ahead of you.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Is your dealership all set up to support the Hummer? I wonder if that has held up some deliveries. Another issue is transporting them, there are several dealers in the Phoenix area that have had multiple deliveries to customers already, and they seem to get shipped in batches.

Last time I talked to my dealership the demo was not built yet, so I do not think they are ahead of you.
yeah, I’m with the biggest Austin dealer. They’ve delivered 6 so far ahead of me. Said I would maybe be next but it has been a really big gap for even the built email.

·
Registered
535 Posts
My dealer has delivered 7 ED 1 Hummers so far, and the are expecting their showroom model this Fall, already have a specific corner of the store set up for it.
My dealer was expecting the same with a production week of 8/29, then their GM rep called them last Monday and said late February. Quite a bump back, not a real positive sign for production.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Misleading or just not true...
Could make sense if they are still telling us that our Fall deliveries are Oct-Dec. Sheesh even Spring/Summer deliveries are behind it seems for many.

We have to wait and see if they even speed up much this year at all. 6 months or so delays isn't that unheard of in new production lines or more.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Why would he (GM rep or the sales person) lie? This isn’t a random dealer this is a friend from back in my car business days.
GM Dealer Reps do not have that kind of information about specific vehicle production schedules 6 months into the future. It is possible you were mislead, or misunderstood. Honestly, Mary Barra could not get production data like that with any fidelity unless there is a specific part constraint, and even in that case, GM would be turning over every supplier, every day trying to speed it up, an does not just shove the schedule on in-production vehicles by 6 months.

GM had 2 Media Relation events last week, and EV production schedules were specifically discussed, if there was a delay, it would have been announced, the last thing GM wants is to show up at end of quarter with a 6 months delay.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Looks like the number has climbed to 90,000 reservations.

Demand for the GMC Hummer EV is running strong as new reservations for the all-electric off-roader continue to pour in. In fact, according to a GMC spokesperson, GM is currently holding 90,000 reservations for the GMC Hummer EV.

According to GMC, those 90,000 reservations are a combination of reservations for the GMC Hummer EV Pickup and GMC Hummer EV SUV. GMC also points out that new units of the Hummer EV are being built and shipped daily from the GM Factory Zero plant in Michigan, and that reservations are filled out in the order in which they were placed.

These latest reservation figures are a marked increase compared to reservation figures reported previously. Back in April, GM revealed that it has received roughly 70,000 reservations for the GMC Hummer EV, later disclosing in its Q2 2022 earnings report that the figure had risen to 80,000 reservations. Of those 80,000 reservations, it was estimated that 42 percent were new GM customers, while 75 percent were new to the GMC brand. The majority of reservations were for customers in California, Florida, and Texas, with the inclusion of the latter two states indicating that the GMC Hummer EV may be popular in those regions without a large percentage of EV registrations in the past.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts