GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we've heard that they have a lot of reservations, probably a good percentage will not get converted to a real order once reality sets in about actually buying a $80-$110K truck/SUV....

However, given the production has only been in the low hundreds so far, does anyone have knowledge of the ramp-up in production as the months/quarters progress? Unless battery production ramps very quickly, I don't see lot of the 3X/2X orders (for both Pickup and SUV) coming to fruition in the timeframes that GMC has suggested.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
So we've heard that they have a lot of reservations, probably a good percentage will not get converted to a real order once reality sets in about actually buying a $80-$110K truck/SUV....

However, given the production has only been in the low hundreds so far, does anyone have knowledge of the ramp-up in production as the months/quarters progress? Unless battery production ramps very quickly, I don't see lot of the 3X/2X orders (for both Pickup and SUV) coming to fruition in the timeframes that GMC has suggested.

Thoughts?
Production is ramping up already, Q2 much higher then Q1, Q3 higher then Q2, how much higher is unknown, but I get the feeling a lot of Hummers are getting delivered at the end of Q3, and throughout Q4, Lyriq deliveries might get held up because they now qualify for tax rebate, IMO GM is not going to deliver a bunch of them at the end of 2022, and then have the customers whining about not getting the rebate.

·
Registered
2019, Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,260 Posts
Production is ramping up already, Q2 much higher then Q1, Q3 higher then Q2, how much higher is unknown, but I get the feeling a lot of Hummers are getting delivered at the end of Q3, and throughout Q4, Lyriq deliveries might get held up because they now qualify for tax rebate, IMO GM is not going to deliver a bunch of them at the end of 2022, and then have the customers whining about not getting the rebate.
Latest from GM is all DE Lyriqs will be finished within 16 weeks.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Odd, in our group of 10,000+ FB GMC members, haven't heard of any build emails being received at all July 1+, since factory reopened supposedly Jul 22nd. How do you know they have ramped up significantly in Q3, or perhaps produced barely any?

If they haven't been building much, we know shipping has been extremely slow so not sure how they will deliver a bunch in Q3, unless a bunch is just a couple hundred or so again.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Lets watch this play out, the new bill becoming law changes things for GM on the LYRIQ, GM customers are going to want the $7500 off more then they want a car delivered in December
GM is going to focus on getting DE Lyriqs out, the 2023+ years may have more chance to get the rebate.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The plan is for everything to line up for them to start churning EVs out at a steady clip, i.e. "it's all coming together" right in Q3, Factory Zero upgrading to full production ready in July, the battery factory moving from test production to customer units this month. We'll see how it all goes, I think that's why we're not seeing updates from GM. They're also sitting back and seeing if everything goes to plan.

·
Registered
373 Posts
ah have to keep watch, btw here is a recent email from GM.
Ye View attachment 2756 View attachment 2755
Nice, given this is the Hummer forum, would love to see an estimate like that for Edition 1s (and even for some earliest 3X peeps out there). Again, we haven't heard squat on build emails since like May/June, no ship emails, just the Q2 deliveries that picked up for 1-2 weeks... been dead silence it seems on new deliveries in July/August it seems mainly.

Would love to know what the status of factory is, are they building, how many if so daily/weekly? What is their battery supply, is that a bottleneck mainly still? ETAs there. How are they handling shipping/speeding up? How are they addressing some issues with earlier builds leaking/recalls and customer satisfaction programs on the ones that were build, perhaps how many were built months ago and are just sitting still, etc?

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
ah have to keep watch, btw here is a recent email from GM.
Ye View attachment 2756 View attachment 2755
GM has delivered and is delivering a handful to the folks under NDA's no regular deliveries yet.

We remain "on track" to expand production in the Fall 2022 I said November... November is mid Fall 2022, right? How long does it take a Lyriq once built to reach the dealer? (most GM vehicles are 30-60 days depending if rail is used)

I think we will start seeing large quantities showing up at dealerships in late December, GM knows customers taking deliveries in October - December are going to be complaining like crazy about not getting a Rebate, and they will have to soothe them hence GM giving early deliveries under NDA a discount... Like I said, just watch this play out. I would not be surprised if GM delivered 1000 Lyriq's to customers on January 2nd 2023, but only a handful going to see their cars by the end of the year.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Nice, given this is the Hummer forum, would love to see an estimate like that for Edition 1s (and even for some earliest 3X peeps out there). Again, we haven't heard squat on build emails since like May/June, no ship emails, just the Q2 deliveries that picked up for 1-2 weeks... been dead silence it seems on new deliveries in July/August it seems mainly.

Would love to know what the status of factory is, are they building, how many if so daily/weekly? What is their battery supply, is that a bottleneck mainly still? ETAs there. How are they handling shipping/speeding up? How are they addressing some issues with earlier builds leaking/recalls and customer satisfaction programs on the ones that were build, perhaps how many were built months ago and are just sitting still, etc?
Go by the factory, and sit outside the fence and count.. NO OEM shares their production info like you are asking for.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
GM has delivered and is delivering a handful to the folks under NDA's no regular deliveries yet.

We remain "on track" to expand production in the Fall 2022 I said November... November is mid Fall 2022, right? How long does it take a Lyriq once built to reach the dealer? (most GM vehicles are 30-60 days depending if rail is used)

I think we will start seeing large quantities showing up at dealerships in late December, GM knows customers taking deliveries in October - December are going to be complaining like crazy about not getting a Rebate, and they will have to soothe them hence GM giving early deliveries under NDA a discount... Like I said, just watch this play out. I would not be surprised if GM delivered 1000 Lyriq's to customers on January 2nd 2023, but only a handful going to see their cars by the end of the year.
and

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'd be satisfied with just a 8-12 week window of when to expect a build. We don't even have a 3X dealer guide or configurator yet, something I'd expect by now given they appear to be well past the halfway point of Ed1's (the one for sale on Cars & Bids is VIN 674, delivered last month) if the 1200 number is correct. Just a sign of reservation progress going anywhere would be appreciated. Jokingly Maybe even a "Now Serving reservation 626" DMV style.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'd be satisfied with just a 8-12 week window of when to expect a build. We don't even have a 3X dealer guide or configurator yet, something I'd expect by now given they appear to be well past the halfway point of Ed1's (the one for sale on Cars & Bids is VIN 674, delivered last month) if the 1200 number is correct. Just a sign of reservation progress going anywhere would be appreciated. Jokingly Maybe even a "Now Serving reservation 626" DMV style.
Yeah, a window would be great. Note though, they build VINS out of order, but does seem we are close to the 1/2 way point of customers' 1200 Edition 1s. Then I guess 1) do they build the other 1200 or so dealer demo Edition 1s before starting the 3X also - thought that would be the case but maybe they will run in parallel a bit.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah, a window would be great. Note though, they build VINS out of order, but does seem we are close to the 1/2 way point of customers' 1200 Edition 1s. Then I guess 1) do they build the other 1200 or so dealer demo Edition 1s before starting the 3X also - thought that would be the case but maybe they will run in parallel a bit.
Dealer demos are probably part of the deal to "upgrade" their dealerships for Hummer deliveries, so GMC might not have a choice but to build them first, but from a practical perspective they should focus on customer cars since the purpose of a demo is to get someone to buy or order a vehicle and, in the case of the Hummer EV, they've got more than a year's worth of orders to fulfill anyway, demos are functionally pointless from a sales and education perspective since you're just going to teach a buyer how to use their own when it shows up, not hold a class weeks before that they'll forget about in the between time.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Dealer demos are probably part of the deal to "upgrade" their dealerships for Hummer deliveries, so GMC might not have a choice but to build them first, but from a practical perspective they should focus on customer cars since the purpose of a demo is to get someone to buy or order a vehicle and, in the case of the Hummer EV, they've got more than a year's worth of orders to fulfill anyway, demos are functionally pointless from a sales and education perspective since you're just going to teach a buyer how to use their own when it shows up, not hold a class weeks before that they'll forget about in the between time.
My dealer has delivered 7 ED 1 Hummers so far, and the are expecting their showroom model this Fall, already have a specific corner of the store set up for it.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
686 Posts
My dealer has delivered 7 ED 1 Hummers so far, and the are expecting their showroom model this Fall, already have a specific corner of the store set up for it.
My dealership told me they have 5 ED1's and the last one is their demo Hummer. All 4 customer Hummers have been delivered, so the next one is the demo, then the wait for the 3X.

·
Registered
373 Posts
My dealership told me they have 5 ED1's and the last one is their demo Hummer. All 4 customer Hummers have been delivered, so the next one is the demo, then the wait for the 3X.
Hey well plenty of us customers still waiting for those ED1s so hope those dealers' optimism on getting their demo unit is a good sign. I'm expecting maybe October, maybe September if some miracle happens. Concierge said could still be Nov/Dec too though, ug.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts