GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a reservation for the ev2x but considering bumping to the 3x. I’ll probably go ahead and put the deposit on the 3x to hold my spot and decide which one to keep later. One thing that peaks my curiosity is what the power difference will feel like between the two. I’m not getting the Hummer to drag race or drive hard like a sports car, but at 9,000 lbs I don’t want it to feel sluggish. GM is talking approx 3.5 0-60 with the 830hp. Does anyone have any guesses as to how quickly the 625hp model would be able to get to that speed?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, I know edition one has WTF mode, and it’s optional on the 3x. If I go with the 3x I probably would not option in the 1000hp package. However, I see that even on the 2024 EV2 there is something called Adrenaline Mode. Does anyone know what the difference is between Adrenaline Mode and WTF other than the speed it will accelerate?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I currently have a reservation for the ev2x but considering bumping to the 3x. I’ll probably go ahead and put the deposit on the 3x to hold my spot and decide which one to keep later. One thing that peaks my curiosity is what the power difference will feel like between the two. I’m not getting the Hummer to drag race or drive hard like a sports car, but at 9,000 lbs I don’t want it to feel sluggish. GM is talking approx 3.5 0-60 with the 830hp. Does anyone have any guesses as to how quickly the 625hp model would be able to get to that speed?
The 625HP will feel very quick (just not insane like the Edition 1), likely 4 to 5 seconds 0-60, which is quick.. Remember with EV's with less HP it will not pull as hard from 30-100 mph, but from 0-30 the Edition 1 is traction and not power limited, so they will feel about the same off the line. All EV's are crazy feeling 0-30, even the Bolt... Looking at the videos of 1st Edition launches it looks to me like it really starts pulling hard at 20 mph which is likely the point it can get enough traction to put down all the power.

Adrenaline mode is like a sport mode (tighter steering, more touchy throttle mapping, and stiffer suspension). WTF mode is all out full traction limited power (like a launch mode).

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks E Tron, somewhere around that 4-4.5 seconds is what I was thinking. Just wanted to make sure I was calculating properly. Still quick!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Thanks E Tron, somewhere around that 4-4.5 seconds is what I was thinking. Just wanted to make sure I was calculating properly. Still quick!
Yes, 4.5 is still very quick for a truck. I have not ran my 2020 Duramax on a clock which is pretty quick feeling (seat of your pants measurement), but it is more like 7 or 8 seconds to 60. People online get caught up in these 0-60 numbers, but I am here to tell you, 4.5 seconds is darn quick on the street. There are very few cars that can just step on the accelerator and get a time like that that are not an EV. Now, if given time to engage launch control, and in perfect surface conditions that is different, but in most stoplight races there is no time for preparation.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know that low 4’s is what the new TRX is running at and it feels very quick. I got to ride in one at the Barrett Jackson show in Scottsdale earlier this year. An EV is going to launch faster for that first 20mph like you said so I think it will feel quicker than a TRX even if it ends up being half a second slower

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I know that low 4’s is what the new TRX is running at and it feels very quick. I got to ride in one at the Barrett Jackson show in Scottsdale earlier this year. An EV is going to launch faster for that first 20mph like you said so I think it will feel quicker than a TRX even if it ends up being half a second slower
Ya, the TRX is fast, and pretty consistent. The Hummer will be more fun to drive though. In the TRX every time you want power its a full second from throttle application to power application, which is annoying once you get used to an EV that is a few milliseconds delay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts