1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
647 Posts
If anyone's on the fence they should get their reservations in before Saturday so they don't have to pay the extra $6,250

All reservations placed before Saturday are exempt from the increase, the company said. The Hummer EV pickup truck currently goes for about $80,000 to $100,000.

The announcement comes after several automakers hiked the cost of their electric vehicles in recent weeks. The war in Ukraine and ongoing supply chain challenges have jacked up the the prices of the raw materials necessary for EV batteries, causing Tesla, Rivian and Cadillac to raise the prices of their electric vehicles.

·
Registered
04' HUMMER H2
150 Posts
If anyone's on the fence they should get their reservations in before Saturday so they don't have to pay the extra $6,250

All reservations placed before Saturday are exempt from the increase, the company said. The Hummer EV pickup truck currently goes for about $80,000 to $100,000.

The announcement comes after several automakers hiked the cost of their electric vehicles in recent weeks. The war in Ukraine and ongoing supply chain challenges have jacked up the the prices of the raw materials necessary for EV batteries, causing Tesla, Rivian and Cadillac to raise the prices of their electric vehicles.
I think this was inevitable, even Tesla announced increases as much as $6,000 this week.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Yeah our MS now cost 20k more and we got that this last January. Had locked in pricing from earlier in 2021 though.
Sometimes you get lucky, prices go up, sometimes they go down. When we come out of this inflation trend, many people will have paid the high price and be stuck above the lower prices on the other side.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sometimes you get lucky, prices go up, sometimes they go down. When we come out of this inflation trend, many people will have paid the high price and be stuck above the lower prices on the other side.
True. I think it’s rare prices come down much though, or may just partially at best. Inflation is here to stay a while. Rates are still way below where they need to be.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, just joined the site today and I saw this thread. I had zero idea about the price increase and just by dumb luck I ordered and paid my $100 on the 17th, but didn't get a confirmation until the 18th. I think I'd be protected based on my payment, no?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts