GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Same guy wrote this? Ford has Zero ground up EV's, Zero Battery tech, not a single yard of dirt moved on any battery infrastructure... Come on man... Ford is way behind, and their stock has been crushed since this was written...

I just read where he contributes to Ford and TheStreet wrote for the LA Times and also is a portfolio manager/ investment banker. Maybe he is an EV hater, like almost every independent Big Three dealer in this country is.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
I just read where he contributes to Ford and TheStreet wrote for the LA Times and also is a portfolio manager/ investment banker. Maybe he is an EV hater, like almost every independent Big Three dealer in this country is.
My dealer loves the Hummer, posted pictures on all their social media within an hour of the first one arriving a couple weeks ago, even before they removed the shipping materials. They also own a Cadillac and Chevy store, and cannot wait for the new EV's it's easy money they say, no other products they sell are people happy to pay MSRP for the car where the dealer makes a handsome profit on every one.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My dealer loves the Hummer, posted pictures on all their social media within an hour of the first one arriving a couple weeks ago, even before they removed the shipping materials. They also own a Cadillac and Chevy store, and cannot wait for the new EV's it's easy money they say, no other products they sell are people happy to pay MSRP for the car where the dealer makes a handsome profit on every one.
Yes, all dealers love vehicles they can sell and right now pretty much all new vehicles are bringing MSRP. Dealers that were not high volume dealers love it, dealers that sold 1000s of units a month hate it even though they sell cars at MSRP. I am sure it messes with their volume bonuses. in case you did not know some dealers before the craziness changes were making 80-120k a month on manufacturer sales bonuses based on volume on top of all other profits. Don't think they are making that now considering they are probably selling around 10-20 percent of the vehicles they were before.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I don't think it really matters what they mark these up by. I did some checking with some local dealer buddies and basically these trucks are made to be political pawns. They are building and only sending them to blue states which is the reason you have only seen them in Michigan and California. On top of that they are not building any of them much less making any deliveries. I will watch closely but unless something changes there is no way they make the delivery dates published on their site.
Tennessee here, you know, one of the red-est states in the Union. I am an Edition 1 reservation holder but scheduled for a Fall delivery. My sales manager, as promised, just notified me today that his dealership just got their first Hummer EV, and scheduled a time for me to come check it out.

I will let him know that he must be mistaken based on your post. I’ll let you know if he is mistaken about the truck that was delivered or if GMC messed up by sending it here.🤣

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Tennessee here, you know, one of the red-est states in the Union. I am an Edition 1 reservation holder but scheduled for a Fall delivery. My sales manager, as promised, just notified me today that his dealership just got their first Hummer EV, and scheduled a time for me to come check it out.

I will let him know that he must be mistaken based on your post. I’ll let you know if he is mistaken about the truck that was delivered or if GMC messed up by sending it here.🤣
Red state... I knew it... haha! TN is the top state in the country for EV investment infrastructure... GM, Ford, VW, Nissan, they are all there.

·
Registered
73 Posts

Wasn't me who said that it was my dealer friend, and yes I didn't say I believed it but this was just what was said. I have met millionaires and billionaires and you would think these people would be brilliant. Don't know what it takes to get there but I mainly think it is timing and luck more than it is smarts.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Happy to see some of these dealers getting called out by the media. Hopefully they’ll learn quick that their customers will start transferring their orders elsewhere if they keep trying to play that game. Hopefully some of them decide to make it right after seeing their names in the articles.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Happy to see some of these dealers getting called out by the media. Hopefully they’ll learn quick that their customers will start transferring their orders elsewhere if they keep trying to play that game. Hopefully some of them decide to make it right after seeing their names in the articles.
Yeah, I don't think they really care where their names show up as long as they sell what they can.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I hear you, by 2025 Tennessee will be the center of all things EV in the USA.
Tennessee will be the center of all things EV in the USA? What in the Eff does that mean?
Population density/scale, taxes, capabilities of local utilities, abilities to source materials, public policy/perception, costs (both upfront and over life) will drive all of this. Tennessee won’t be the center of sh*t besides some more fantastic country music tunes.

EVs are a luxury and a grift, if the vehicles only last ~10yrs, they are basically an iPhone on a larger scale: disposable asset for those that can afford the latest disposal asset.

An EV, where the battery needs to be replaced in ~10yrs, is not a better product for the consumer than what we have today. One day, but not today.

No offense to the kind people of Tennessee, but no one cares about you except for you. Vote accordingly.
Best bachelor party I’ve ever been a part of was In Nashville, but I digress.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Tennessee will be the center of all things EV in the USA? What in the Eff does that mean?
Population density/scale, taxes, capabilities of local utilities, abilities to source materials, public policy/perception, costs (both upfront and over life) will drive all of this. Tennessee won’t be the center of sh*t besides some more fantastic country music tunes.

EVs are a luxury and a grift, if the vehicles only last ~10yrs, they are basically an iPhone on a larger scale: disposable asset for those that can afford the latest disposal asset.

An EV, where the battery needs to be replaced in ~10yrs, is not a better product for the consumer than what we have today. One day, but not today.

No offense to the kind people of Tennessee, but no one cares about you except for you. Vote accordingly.
Best bachelor party I’ve ever been a part of was In Nashville, but I digress.
You have not been paying attention, GM building battery plant in TN, EV plant in TN, Ford building Blue Oval City (largest global EV investment to date) in TN, VW is building EV infrastructure in TN, Nissan Building their EV's in TN, and now there are 2 other battery plants being proposed in TN, What other state has this kind of EV infrastructure going in? None... Michigan will be a small fish in EV's, with only LG and GM investing there.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey guys so there is now a hummer listed on autotrader at 380k! Also if you look at the images in the background you see PENSKE!! I’m guessing this is the OPs hummer. Also there are two hummers in the pictures.

A few theories:
The next person down the list paid the markup. The next person on the list had an in with the dealer and they agreed to pay the markup or an undisclosed amount since they were flipping it.
Autotrader

·
Registered
77 Posts
There was actually a third possibility I hadn't thought of but turns out to be true,

The original person complaining about it bought it and listed it for sale on this very site after deleting their posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
There was actually a third possibility I hadn't thought of but turns out to be true,

The original person complaining about it bought it and listed it for sale on this very site after deleting their posts

Maybe but that is a stupid gamble, If was to buy this for 177k then I would have immediately put it into an auction so I am not sitting on it. Even with fees your still making 80-100k off the transaction. Looking for a super rich person come along to pay this for a GMC isn't probably realistic even if it is a rare ultra hard to find vehicle. People who can afford a 350-400k vehicle are putting that money towards a Ferrari or Mclaren and could care less about the cost of gas.

·
Registered
2021 Ram TRX & 2015 Wrangler JKU Hard Rock Rubicon
33 Posts
sadly no surprise in socal they will all try and mark them up. my edition 1 truck and suv are at socal dealer but I made them put in writing from GM they both will be sold to me at msrp or I will just switch dealers 10mins later I got a email saying both would be sold at MSPR never trust these socal dealers and mark up
We are at MSRP for reservations... based in San Diego

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Same guy wrote this? Ford has Zero ground up EV's, Zero Battery tech, not a single yard of dirt moved on any battery infrastructure... Come on man... Ford is way behind, and their stock has been crushed since this was written...

Correction, Ford is now pushing dirt on Blue Oval City, and on a 1000 acre project has 5 excavators , a few scrapers, and 5 dump trucks hauling in gravel (VERY Very Slow Start) I expect there should be hundreds of pieces of iron on a job site that large, and if they were in a hurry they would be installing main storm drainage and sewer while the clearing is ongoing like GM did at Lordstown and Spring Hill. GM was placing concrete piling 2 weeks in on the Lordstown project

41 - 59 of 59 Posts