GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
580 Posts
Someone on the Facebook group is dealing with something similar in Texas. Sounds like since it’s already delivered to the dealer they can’t do anything about it. Changing dealers has to be done before the order is verified at the dealership. The concierge offered to get them another one within 30 days delivered to another dealer, so that may be your only other course of action if your dealer won’t cooperate.

· Registered
580 Posts
The Facebook person indicated concierge was at least helpful in getting him another right away. Supposedly that first Hummer will now go to the next reservation holder at the scumbag dealer. The problem I see is that the dealer is going to keep trying to get the extra $50k out of any edition 1 reservation holder they have in line, and most likely each one will reject it, and the dealer will end up with the unit and put it on the market for $50k+ over MSRP for anyone to buy.

I hope GM withholds allocation to both of these scumbag dealers that are trying to pull this. They should have a suspension period where they won't get any Hummer deliveries if GM gets word that they are gauging customers, and an email should go out to ALL of their reservation holders giving them the chance to move their reservation to another dealer before they confirm their order and get stuck in the same situation a couple of you are in. Lets see how those dealers like it when they lose 3-4 Hummer orders for trying to gauge customers. But what do I know...I'm just a consumer of GM products, I do not represent the GM brands with their logo on my building like these dealerships do. They are the ones who can change how people view and/or consider buying GM products in the future.

· Registered
580 Posts
wow this is getting out of hand pretty quickly with the mark ups. Lots of sleazy dealerships. I think they know that the actual reservation holders will continue to refuse the units they’ve already verified, so eventually when they go down their list of reservation holders at their dealership then the unit just becomes theirs and can gauge someone who didn’t get on the reservation list and is willing to pay more. In the meantime all the people who actually reserved are getting screwed.

· Registered
580 Posts
From a used car dealer to a mutli million dollar franchise holder some of the largest dealerships in my state. I believe what he says of course I do realize he is a car dealer and wants what sells and can sell. He can not get a hold of EVs right including hybrids but I do believe what he says and he lives it everyday. Also Forbes just had this article come out kind of giving credibility to what he was saying.

of course you are all free to believe what you want.
You could put ANY manufacturer's name in place of GM in that article. They are all just now introducing what they will offer in the next few years, and they will be slow to roll out because planning and production take time. Ford or Tesla havent produced one electric truck yet, even in the blue states as you say. I'm sure your used car friend will see some used ones sometime down the line, but where is he thinking he is going to get one when there isnt a huge selection of new ones out there yet? Maybe your multi million dollar franchise holder will see them when they are actually released. He must not be a Ford dealer because Mach E's can be found with a quick search. GM so far has actually stuck to their timelines for the most part while Tesla has not, and Ford Lightning orders were already pushed back. I'm not a GM fanboy either, nor an EV fan, just a Hummer fan, so I'm not here to just defend GM, I'm just making sure that anyone who may be researching Hummer EVs and other EV's they can look on here and see that GM so far seems to actually be on track with production timelines and production continues to increase. If there are any delays in production timelines its is not going to be years like the Cybertruck has experienced. Ford, GM, Dodge, etc will just be rolling out their trucks in the next couple of years as planned, so far no one has really over-promised other than Tesla.

· Registered
580 Posts
Please HELP!
New Member here, but I have followed this forum for a while. Summer Delivery. Verified my ED1 last Wednesday (3/16) but hadn't received any confirmation from my dealer. So I called them today to see what was going on. They told me that "they were only receiving one ED1, and it was going to be a demo model" and " when they did decide to sell it, they would be marking it up $50K."

I promptly called the concierge, (she was very nice) and they knew nothing about any dealers receiving demo models. She also agreed with me that a $50K markup was ridiculous, BUT said that the dealers have the final say in what they want to charge for a vehicle. She said that I can change dealers, but it may push my delivery time frame back.

Does anyone know of any dealers in Massachusetts that will honor MSRP? I'm looking to change dealers ASAP.
The dealer didn't give you a single thing when you went to verify your order? No printout of the options list, no signed form confirming the order...nothing?? There is a lot that sounds odd about that process.

· Registered
580 Posts
Happy to see some of these dealers getting called out by the media. Hopefully they’ll learn quick that their customers will start transferring their orders elsewhere if they keep trying to play that game. Hopefully some of them decide to make it right after seeing their names in the articles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.