GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Today I walked into my GMC dealership in the North Dallas Texas area. I talk to the salesman to confirm there wasn’t gonna be any additional mark-ups or ADMs when my vehicle arrives so there wouldn’t be any surprises. He stated “don’t be surprise if there is a market adjustment fee!” When I did my build sheet and completed my order he stated that there would not be any ATMs or markups on the vehicle. But this is just a verbal agreement and I don’t know if it holds wait or not. I also just learned today that another customer was getting price gouged at the same dealership for $200,000. I called the GMC concierge desk and they stated that my reservation order was in shipment status and they are not able to change dealerships. I feel like I’m getting ready to get screwed in the next few days. I’ve already installed the electric charger in my garage where I spent over $1200 in which might of been a waist of money. I’m not paying $200k for a vehicle. Hopefully somebody from General Motors can get my reservation switched to another dealership after learning about this today.
First step, talk to the dealership owner, and explain... Next step of escalation is to tweet the GM execs...

By law in most states a verbal agreement is an agreement, the only issue is if the salesman denies saying that, then it comes down to your word versus theirs, but if you have anything that can back up what you are saying, (even a post on here) you can win in court.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
wow this is getting out of hand pretty quickly with the mark ups. Lots of sleazy dealerships. I think they know that the actual reservation holders will continue to refuse the units they’ve already verified, so eventually when they go down their list of reservation holders at their dealership then the unit just becomes theirs and can gauge someone who didn’t get on the reservation list and is willing to pay more. In the meantime all the people who actually reserved are getting screwed.
Sleazy dealerships? did you say that previously when you were buying cars and asking for a discount? Dealerships are businesses, and in my experience the managers of those business job is to make profit, currently they cannot get enough cars to sell so they have to charge more for each car to make the same profit. Most companies Tesla included are doing the same thing, Tesla raised prices 25% in the last year, and everybody pays more... Now, on the Hummer I think most people can get it for MSRP if they push back on these markups. Talk to the owner f the dealership, and make sure they know you are going to stir up trouble with GM if they continue on that path. Then if you have to, stir it up, Most dealerships do not want to piss GM off, and will back down, some may not in which case, you should move to a different dealership, but ask the question when you order... Not later....

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
I don't think it really matters what they mark these up by. I did some checking with some local dealer buddies and basically these trucks are made to be political pawns. They are building and only sending them to blue states which is the reason you have only seen them in Michigan and California. On top of that they are not building any of them much less making any deliveries. I will watch closely but unless something changes there is no way they make the delivery dates published on their site.
OH MY GOSH, tin foil hat guy arrived... Deliveries have been confirmed in FL, AZ, TX, NC, The reason MI gets them first is because it closest to the factory (and company HQ), and CA is the largest EV market for all EV's incl Hummer.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
From a used car dealer to a mutli million dollar franchise holder some of the largest dealerships in my state. I believe what he says of course I do realize he is a car dealer and wants what sells and can sell. He can not get a hold of EVs right including hybrids but I do believe what he says and he lives it everyday. Also Forbes just had this article come out kind of giving credibility to what he was saying.

of course you are all free to believe what you want.
Haha! GM has their critics, this writer however should work on grammar, and spelling, and not make so many contradicting points to draw conclusions from, then you get to the misleading information contained in that article. Its LYRIQ... Not Lyric...

The worst case of misleading information in the article is that Tesla is more vertically integrated, which is just false on Hardware. Tesla has not sold a single EV EVER that has Tesla manufactured battery cells in it, and has struggled mightily getting their new 4680 battery cell manufacturing up to any volume. Tesla buys cells from Panasonic, LG Chem, CATL, and Samsung SDI, so by my math Tesla has more suppliers to contend with. Tesla has missed their targets on 4680, FSD, Roadster 2020, Semi, Cybertruck, Berlin factory opening, Texas factory opening, 35K car, etc etc etc... So while Tesla has had some wild successes, its also had more major misses.

Now this writer makes a point that GM is too slow rolling out their EV's and only sold 26 in Q4, interestingly he only mentions GMs USA sales of EV's but on his Tesla comparison he uses global sales. Then he mentions the Bolt recall as the reason for GM's slow sales which we know LG Chem has taken financial responsibility for the Bolt recall, Ya, LG chem that is also a supplier to VW, JLR, Hyundai, Ford, and Tesla. IIHS reports that Tesla has had far more non crash related battery fires than the Bolt, and even more on a units built comparison, Model X and Model S lead their segments in the latest non crash related fires compiled in 2018, and that is compared to all vehicles in their class ICE or EV.

Now, was GM's production targets hogwash? Well, when we go back to GM's announcements they delivered Hummer on time, and Lyriq is 9 months ahead of original schedule which was initially "Late 2022". GM meanwhile is just coming out of the gate with Ultium, and the battery cell factory to make the batteries that GM scheduled initially to open in "Late 2022", is nearing completion now. GM workers from Lordstown are in LG's plant in Michigan training (try to book a hotel around LG's plant in Holland, MI, they are all full of GM's Lordstown Launch crews undergoing training).

Lets take a look at GM's initial announcements on Ultium and how they have tracked... From 2019....

It looks to me that GM is tracking right with or ahead of what they said initially, and you cannot point to a single guidance, they gave and then missed... Not 1... Even with the Bolt recall, which was a devastating setback, GM still soldiered through and launched the next vehicles on time. What did Tesl do for Model S and X fire customers? Tried to get them to sign NDA's... Ya... Nearly every major insurance company has pending litigation with Tesla currently due to spontaneous fires and suspension failures, including this, which I saw the video of the accident before it was removed from twitter, its frightening...

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
@Tom E-Tron, I have no doubt about what you speak but Jon Markman I am sure could care less what you or I think. I agree GM has excellent potential with their Ultium platform and this is why I put a deposit down. The best battery tech is coming from BYD right now. It will be interesting to see if GM can deliver on what they promise. Right out of the gates they are NOT getting it done.

He started out as a used car dealer and now has 5 full line dealerships from Ford, Jeep, Dodge/ Chrysler, and Toyota. Plus a GMC Chevrolet dealership in Florida. Also the Ford inventory you are seeing especially for anything specialty is already pre ordered or sold. I spoke to the dealership that took my order and they found it in the system. He said they have 50 people order presold Hummers and haven't seen one. I am keeping my order in but doubt I will never see till maybe next year probably towards the end of the year.
Perhaps reading comprehension is not your thing any more then the writer of that Forbes article which is nothing more than a hit piece. Show me a single Official Gm announcement on EV's or Ultium where they missed their guidance? Hummer is being produced and shipped to customers as we speak, albeit slower then you thinthk they should. But what did GM announce? When did GM promise a schedule and miss it? All Gm said on Hummer is that initial availability would be fall 2021, and they sold one in the fall 2021 meeting that guidance. Media has asked over and over how many and when, to which GM did not give additional color... I guess this way GM is not like Elon Musk who said Tesla would build 10K Model 3 a week by the end of 2018? Here is the tweet from 2017...
Handwriting Font Art Circle Writing

After which Tesla let loose that the first 6 months of Model 3 production yielded only a little over 1000 units. GM is careful with their statements on production, they don't make no win statements only to miss...

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
LOL, I read his credentials and would take his advice over @Tom E-Tron whomever that maybe on the Hummer EV forum who more than likely is one of the many flooding GMCs order banks in order to skip a quick flip and score a few measly 10s of thousands if not 100 thousand dollars on a EV Hummer.
Same guy wrote this? Ford has Zero ground up EV's, Zero Battery tech, not a single yard of dirt moved on any battery infrastructure... Come on man... Ford is way behind, and their stock has been crushed since this was written...

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
I just read where he contributes to Ford and TheStreet wrote for the LA Times and also is a portfolio manager/ investment banker. Maybe he is an EV hater, like almost every independent Big Three dealer in this country is.
My dealer loves the Hummer, posted pictures on all their social media within an hour of the first one arriving a couple weeks ago, even before they removed the shipping materials. They also own a Cadillac and Chevy store, and cannot wait for the new EV's it's easy money they say, no other products they sell are people happy to pay MSRP for the car where the dealer makes a handsome profit on every one.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Tennessee here, you know, one of the red-est states in the Union. I am an Edition 1 reservation holder but scheduled for a Fall delivery. My sales manager, as promised, just notified me today that his dealership just got their first Hummer EV, and scheduled a time for me to come check it out.

I will let him know that he must be mistaken based on your post. I’ll let you know if he is mistaken about the truck that was delivered or if GMC messed up by sending it here.🤣
Red state... I knew it... haha! TN is the top state in the country for EV investment infrastructure... GM, Ford, VW, Nissan, they are all there.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Tennessee will be the center of all things EV in the USA? What in the Eff does that mean?
Population density/scale, taxes, capabilities of local utilities, abilities to source materials, public policy/perception, costs (both upfront and over life) will drive all of this. Tennessee won’t be the center of sh*t besides some more fantastic country music tunes.

EVs are a luxury and a grift, if the vehicles only last ~10yrs, they are basically an iPhone on a larger scale: disposable asset for those that can afford the latest disposal asset.

An EV, where the battery needs to be replaced in ~10yrs, is not a better product for the consumer than what we have today. One day, but not today.

No offense to the kind people of Tennessee, but no one cares about you except for you. Vote accordingly.
Best bachelor party I’ve ever been a part of was In Nashville, but I digress.
You have not been paying attention, GM building battery plant in TN, EV plant in TN, Ford building Blue Oval City (largest global EV investment to date) in TN, VW is building EV infrastructure in TN, Nissan Building their EV's in TN, and now there are 2 other battery plants being proposed in TN, What other state has this kind of EV infrastructure going in? None... Michigan will be a small fish in EV's, with only LG and GM investing there.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Same guy wrote this? Ford has Zero ground up EV's, Zero Battery tech, not a single yard of dirt moved on any battery infrastructure... Come on man... Ford is way behind, and their stock has been crushed since this was written...

Correction, Ford is now pushing dirt on Blue Oval City, and on a 1000 acre project has 5 excavators , a few scrapers, and 5 dump trucks hauling in gravel (VERY Very Slow Start) I expect there should be hundreds of pieces of iron on a job site that large, and if they were in a hurry they would be installing main storm drainage and sewer while the clearing is ongoing like GM did at Lordstown and Spring Hill. GM was placing concrete piling 2 weeks in on the Lordstown project

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.