GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Covert GMC in Austin tried to do that to me once I was confirming my options. The email said to be sure to set the price with the dealer so I called them to make sure it was at MSRP as we had discussed. He called me the next day, told me how much I'd love it, then proceeded to tell me it was going to be $50k over because that was only fair given they were only delivering 9 of them. I told them that's not happening, called the concierge and moved my reservation to another dealer who I have in writing for MSRP. Guess Covert only has 8 being delivered now lol.

As a side note, I tried moving my reservation to Nyle Maxwell in Austin as well. Told them the concierge was allowing me to move the reservation and as long as they would give it to me at MSRP, I would have it delivered there. The salesperson said they totally understood and that shouldn't be a problem at all... then texted me back and said sorry, my manager won't let us deliver it for less than $10k over. That is some next-level thinking there lol.
This is great, this is perfect, just amazing. Basically you walk up to a stranger on the street and offer to give them 5k (I think) they responded by asking for 15k. Then you refused and they are like “no deal”.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hey guys so there is now a hummer listed on autotrader at 380k! Also if you look at the images in the background you see PENSKE!! I’m guessing this is the OPs hummer. Also there are two hummers in the pictures.

A few theories:
The next person down the list paid the markup. The next person on the list had an in with the dealer and they agreed to pay the markup or an undisclosed amount since they were flipping it.
Autotrader

·
Registered
155 Posts
There was actually a third possibility I hadn't thought of but turns out to be true,

The original person complaining about it bought it and listed it for sale on this very site after deleting their posts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.