GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Phone calls and emails to GM corporate for a start. Shouldn't you have already had an agreed upon price once you finalized your order with your options?
I called the Concierge line. They said they couldn't do much. Took down my info and said would create a case. I unfortunately don't have anything in writing from the dealer.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Someone on the Facebook group is dealing with something similar in Texas. Sounds like since it’s already delivered to the dealer they can’t do anything about it. Changing dealers has to be done before the order is verified at the dealership. The concierge offered to get them another one within 30 days delivered to another dealer, so that may be your only other course of action if your dealer won’t cooperate.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Someone on the Facebook group is dealing with something similar in Texas. Sounds like since it’s already delivered to the dealer they can’t do anything about it. Changing dealers has to be done before the order is verified at the dealership. The concierge offered to get them another one within 30 days delivered to another dealer, so that may be your only other course of action if your dealer won’t cooperate.
Which FB group?

·
Registered
392 Posts
The Facebook person indicated concierge was at least helpful in getting him another right away. Supposedly that first Hummer will now go to the next reservation holder at the scumbag dealer. The problem I see is that the dealer is going to keep trying to get the extra $50k out of any edition 1 reservation holder they have in line, and most likely each one will reject it, and the dealer will end up with the unit and put it on the market for $50k+ over MSRP for anyone to buy.

I hope GM withholds allocation to both of these scumbag dealers that are trying to pull this. They should have a suspension period where they won't get any Hummer deliveries if GM gets word that they are gauging customers, and an email should go out to ALL of their reservation holders giving them the chance to move their reservation to another dealer before they confirm their order and get stuck in the same situation a couple of you are in. Lets see how those dealers like it when they lose 3-4 Hummer orders for trying to gauge customers. But what do I know...I'm just a consumer of GM products, I do not represent the GM brands with their logo on my building like these dealerships do. They are the ones who can change how people view and/or consider buying GM products in the future.

·
Registered
11 Posts
sadly no surprise in socal they will all try and mark them up. my edition 1 truck and suv are at socal dealer but I made them put in writing from GM they both will be sold to me at msrp or I will just switch dealers 10mins later I got a email saying both would be sold at MSPR never trust these socal dealers and mark up

·
Registered
3 Posts
Covert GMC in Austin tried to do that to me once I was confirming my options. The email said to be sure to set the price with the dealer so I called them to make sure it was at MSRP as we had discussed. He called me the next day, told me how much I'd love it, then proceeded to tell me it was going to be $50k over because that was only fair given they were only delivering 9 of them. I told them that's not happening, called the concierge and moved my reservation to another dealer who I have in writing for MSRP. Guess Covert only has 8 being delivered now lol.

As a side note, I tried moving my reservation to Nyle Maxwell in Austin as well. Told them the concierge was allowing me to move the reservation and as long as they would give it to me at MSRP, I would have it delivered there. The salesperson said they totally understood and that shouldn't be a problem at all... then texted me back and said sorry, my manager won't let us deliver it for less than $10k over. That is some next-level thinking there lol.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Covert GMC in Austin tried to do that to me once I was confirming my options. The email said to be sure to set the price with the dealer so I called them to make sure it was at MSRP as we had discussed. He called me the next day, told me how much I'd love it, then proceeded to tell me it was going to be $50k over because that was only fair given they were only delivering 9 of them. I told them that's not happening, called the concierge and moved my reservation to another dealer who I have in writing for MSRP. Guess Covert only has 8 being delivered now lol.

As a side note, I tried moving my reservation to Nyle Maxwell in Austin as well. Told them the concierge was allowing me to move the reservation and as long as they would give it to me at MSRP, I would have it delivered there. The salesperson said they totally understood and that shouldn't be a problem at all... then texted me back and said sorry, my manager won't let us deliver it for less than $10k over. That is some next-level thinking there lol.
This is great, this is perfect, just amazing. Basically you walk up to a stranger on the street and offer to give them 5k (I think) they responded by asking for 15k. Then you refused and they are like “no deal”.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Today I walked into my GMC dealership in the North Dallas Texas area. I talk to the salesman to confirm there wasn’t gonna be any additional mark-ups or ADMs when my vehicle arrives so there wouldn’t be any surprises. He stated “don’t be surprise if there is a market adjustment fee!” When I did my build sheet and completed my order he stated that there would not be any ATMs or markups on the vehicle. But this is just a verbal agreement and I don’t know if it holds wait or not. I also just learned today that another customer was getting price gouged at the same dealership for $200,000. I called the GMC concierge desk and they stated that my reservation order was in shipment status and they are not able to change dealerships. I feel like I’m getting ready to get screwed in the next few days. I’ve already installed the electric charger in my garage where I spent over $1200 in which might of been a waist of money. I’m not paying $200k for a vehicle. Hopefully somebody from General Motors can get my reservation switched to another dealership after learning about this today.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts