·
Registered
112 Posts
4 ride heights from low, normal, high, extract on 38s only missing WTF mode

View attachment 2719
View attachment 2720
View attachment 2721
View attachment 2722
Dave, did you get the update from the dealer for the 37” tires?

I know you’re on 38’s instead of 37’s, but I’d be really interested to know what height the top of the roof is at in normal mode and in low mode.

I would love if you could pull a tape and let us know what the new heights are at!

I’m considering 37’s for mine and want to make sure it can fit in my garage without needing to modify the garage!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Follow me here: Presuming the stock 35” tires are truly 35” and 38” tires are truly 38”then 38”tires should only lift the truck 1.5”.

Now, presuming the 37” tires code change only adjust 1” higher for the extra inch of radius over 35s. The overall height difference should be 2.5” taller. With the lower mode advertised as 2” lower than normal mode, lower mode with 38s and tire code adjustment should be .5” taller than original normal mode.

BTW, I know tires are rarely advertised size. I also know vehicle weight affects the lower portion of a tire’s radius. I am just trying to ballpark a lot of variables.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Follow me here: Presuming the stock 35” tires are truly 35” and 38” tires are truly 38”then 38”tires should only lift the truck 1.5”. Now, presuming the 37” tires code change only adjust 1” higher for the extra inch of radius over 35s. The overall height difference should be 2.5” taller. With the lower mode advertised as 2” lower than normal mode, lower mode with 38s and tire code adjustment should be .5” taller than original normal mode. BTW, I know tires are rarely advertised size. I also know vehicle weight affects the lower portion of a tire’s radius. I am just trying to ballpark a lot of variables.
The math checks out! So ball park would be around ~80” in low mode… I might have to have my garage modified!

·
Registered
386 Posts
The math checks out! So ball park would be around ~80” in low mode… I might have to have my garage modified!
Most standard garage doors are 7'-0" tall that would be 84" but there can be some variation in the finished out heights with how the jambs and trim and weather stripping are finished out, but I would doubt that would be 4"...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Most standard garage doors are 7'-0" tall that would be 84" but there can be some variation in the finished out heights with how the jambs and trim and weather stripping are finished out, but I would doubt that would be 4"...
I went to check my garage last night around 11PM. I'm sure the neighbors were wondering what the F I was doing.. the wife sure was! Our clear height is about 81", so we'll see!

I'm hoping the 79.1" height from GMC is inclusive of the shark fin for the radio/gps.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry been busy but finally got full details on what the software update does. dealer gave me his sheet not sure if they are supposed to.

dealer is supposed to charge $295 mine did it for $100. from reading it there is no change in height only recalibrated odometer and speedo for 37s so like said in few post back 35 to 38 should only raise truck up 1.5 inches taller then stock over all.

Font Material property Parallel Screenshot Paper

Dave, did you get the update from the dealer for the 37” tires?

I know you’re on 38’s instead of 37’s, but I’d be really interested to know what height the top of the roof is at in normal mode and in low mode.

I would love if you could pull a tape and let us know what the new heights are at!

I’m considering 37’s for mine and want to make sure it can fit in my garage without needing to modify the garage!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I feel handling is much better to be honest. I feel the stock tires are horrible. They squeal like a pig at almost any speeds around a corner like I am a F1 driver but going 10 mph.

Its like they wanted to them squeal so on WTF you hear all 4 tires. The new tires never make a sound around a bend. They are a much better tire then the factory ones.

Yes WTF will clear I tested it still, but have not done a launch yet.

I am super curious to know how much bigger tires impact acceleration. Did you notice a big hit? How about road manners (handling)? Does WTF mode cause clearance issues?

·
Registered
112 Posts
sorry been busy but finally got full details on what the software update does. dealer gave me his sheet not sure if they are supposed to.

dealer is supposed to charge $295 mine did it for $100. from reading it there is no change in height only recalibrated odometer and speedo for 37s so like said in few post back 35 to 38 should only raise truck up 1.5 inches taller then stock over all.

View attachment 2743
You ROCK!! Thank you for the info!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts