GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, for all those scheduled to have a SPRING delivery of our EV1's ~ there are only 4 Days left. Unfortunately, it looks as though we will be having summer deliveries. Meanwhile finance interest rates exploding upward, costing us more..... C'mon GM ship those sitting EV1's! How many are actually sitting and whats the real deal?

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Well, for all those scheduled to have a SPRING delivery of our EV1's ~ there are only 4 Days left. Unfortunately, it looks as though we will be having summer deliveries. (Unfortunately). Meanwhile finance interest rates exploding upward, costing us more..... C'mon GM ship those sitting EV1's! How many are actually sitting and whats the real deal?
I had not thought about that, ya, rates are rising, costing customers more. Maybe GM financial wants those higher interest loans? Its a conspiracy... haha!

·
Super Moderator
464 Posts
I had not thought about that, ya, rates are rising, costing customers more. Maybe GM financial wants those higher interest loans? Its a conspiracy... haha!
We joke about that all the time. They have a $250 GMF incentive right now to go with them, but have the highest rates around. Not a widely used incentive.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Didn’t someone post that GM, and most industries for that matter, consider second quarter (Spring) to be the months of April through June. So GM will have met a Spring delivery as long as it is by June 30.

i have worked in the federal government for 34 years so all I know is Fiscal Years.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My spring order came in without warning this week. Even the concierge didn’t know about it.
After the Built email, it's between you and the dealership. GM has dropped the ball here, so I expect a call from the dealer soon, oh your EV1 just showed up. :cool: All good... just waiting for some awesomeness to arrive.

·
Registered
Waiting on my Spring 2022 Delivery ED1
266 Posts
Didn’t someone post that GM, and most industries for that matter, consider second quarter (Spring) to be the months of April through June. So GM will have met a Spring delivery as long as it is by June 30.

i have worked in the federal government for 34 years so all I know is Fiscal Years.
As a frequent caller to the concierge, they said something to the effect of “Congratulations, I see you have a Spring delivery, which means you should see your Hummer between March 21 and June 21” until last week when they changed to sometime before the end of June (but no built or shipped info nor order number or VIN).

·
Registered
437 Posts
As a frequent caller to the concierge, they said something to the effect of “Congratulations, I see you have a Spring delivery, which means you should see your Hummer between March 21 and June 21” until last week when they changed to sometime before the end of June (but no built or shipped info nor order number or VIN).
I got an update again from them yesterday and they tell me that the seasons are aligned with quarters and month ends, constantly that Summer = July - September, and Fall is October - December, never down to the day though but I assumed end of month.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
I got an update again from them yesterday and they tell me that the seasons are aligned with quarters and month ends, constantly that Summer = July - September, and Fall is October - December, never down to the day though but I assumed end of month.
GM and Ford are struggling with logistics, many independent trucks do not want to honor their contracts due to fuel prices, this is a problem across most industries.

Then problem for GM and Ford is these truck owners work for a vender, and not directly for the manufacture. So it takes time to get more money down to the actual truck owners. This is why in the excavating business we always had fuel and weather escalators in all of our contracts.

·
Registered
Waiting on my Spring 2022 Delivery ED1
266 Posts
Yep they changed the level of specificity in their script last week so far as I can tell. They clearly said “between March 21 and June 21” each time I called previously. That said, I’d be fine with June 30, too! They’ve also stopped asking which feature of the new Hummer EV you’re most excited to try out first.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I got a built email about 2 weeks ago. Called dealer and GMC every 3 days. No word. Even called GMC the day before it showed and they didn’t know anything.

guessing spring orders are all on trucks
NIce, I also got my built email 2 weeks ago, but I've left my dealership alone for the most part. Figured they were probably about annoyed with me at this point. Hoping for some magic here as well over the next week or 2 :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've been checking my email every day, 10 times, hoping!!
My dealer is right next door to me, I see every delivery they get, I do their printing so they don't get annoyed with me when I ask questions, they are annoyed with GM for a number of reasons not just for the Hummer EV, they say communication is poor with every vehicle!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
"The EV1 has LANDED". To all the long time members of of Hummer Chat, I am extremely pleased to announce that Today, Friday June 17th, my EV1 landed at the Dealership! I very much appreciate all the valuable information from all our members! Finally the wait is over, and it will soon be over for the rest you still waiting for your deliveries. It will probably be a week or so before they prep it and get all my accessories on. Will keep you updated!
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Land vehicle

1 - 20 of 33 Posts