GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an email about my original reservation getting refunded after having it moved to a new dealership in August. I replied back to make sure my new reservation was still active (I wanted to make sure the right one was cancelled) and got this back from Concierge:

You have a reservation for the HUMMER 3X PICK UP, production slated for Fall 2022. Sometime between the months of October and December of this year correspondence will begin to go out to reservation holders requesting them to confirm their reservation. When you receive yours via email and/or phone it will request for you to confirm your reservation by picking color, features, and/or accessories.
Don't know if this is something they've been saying for a while or if it's new. But its the first time I've gotten any info about movement in my reservation since making it in Oct 2020.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
815 Posts
The month of October has ended, and December has not yet begun. So we are now in between those two months (lol). Someone else was told back in early Oct that emails would be going out in a matter of weeks, that has not happened.

As I stated on another thread, I suspect the emails will go out during the plant shutdown, or right after.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Got an email about my original reservation getting refunded after having it moved to a new dealership in August. I replied back to make sure my new reservation was still active (I wanted to make sure the right one was cancelled) and got this back from Concierge:

Don't know if this is something they've been saying for a while or if it's new. But its the first time I've gotten any info about movement in my reservation since making it in Oct 2020.
I called the concierge today to see if they had any updates as to when I could order. The lady on the phone told me to contact my dealer and indicated that some dealers were taking orders for the 3x. I do not really believe her, but will call the dealer tomorrow to see what they have to say. She even asked for my reservation number and mentioned Fall 22.

·
Super Moderator
464 Posts
I wonder if she meant dealer demos, which are just 3X's spec'd like Ed1's. I think it would be a big deal and likely public knowledge if they had started individual customer 3X orders. At minimum someone would have posted the "order guide" listing options, colors, etc.
I'm still just showing the Edition 1 for ordering and not the 3x.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'm still just showing the Edition 1 for ordering and not the 3x.
I left a message with the dealer yesterday, but he has not returned my call yet. Like I stated, I do not believe what she told me. But when he returns my call, hopefully he could tell me that status of their demo truck. Last time I talked to him it had not been built yet.

·
Super Moderator
464 Posts
I left a message with the dealer yesterday, but he has not returned my call yet. Like I stated, I do not believe what she told me. But when he returns my call, hopefully he could tell me that status of their demo truck. Last time I talked to him it had not been built yet.
Our Demo truck was originally scheduled to be built beginning of January 2023 and has now been pushed back to 3/6/23. We shall see if it gets pushed back anymore. TPW is Target Production Week
Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Parallel

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Like I said, the race is on between my 3 minutes into pre-orders Denali Edition 1 and my Hummer 3X reservation from an hour or two after Edition 1s sold out. I want to assume they're building customer trucks next to dealer demos because, if they aren't, they don't expect to see much uptick in production speed between now and March. They've got a thousand-ish dealer demos to build which would mean customer 3X's wouldn't begin to roll out in any significant number before Summer '23 without concurrent builds. They also plan to just flip a magical switch and start rolling out the Silverado EV's about the same time with 150k reservations to fill. The longer it takes to "hit the gas" on their EV production the further behind they get. They might be privately making progress but you wouldn't know it at all from the outside where, besides a trickle of Ed1 deliveries, progress appears scant.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Like I said, the race is on between my 3 minutes into pre-orders Denali Edition 1 and my Hummer 3X reservation from an hour or two after Edition 1s sold out. I want to assume they're building customer trucks next to dealer demos because, if they aren't, they don't expect to see much uptick in production speed between now and March. They've got a thousand-ish dealer demos to build which would mean customer 3X's wouldn't begin to roll out in any significant number before Summer '23 without concurrent builds. They also plan to just flip a magical switch and start rolling out the Silverado EV's about the same time with 150k reservations to fill. The longer it takes to "hit the gas" on their EV production the further behind they get. They might be privately making progress but you wouldn't know it at all from the outside where, besides a trickle of Ed1 deliveries, progress appears scant.
I am sort of in the same boat... But I was a couple of days after the Hummer ED1 sold out... I am OK waiting for now as we are about to start construction on our new home and the budget for the Hummer (or any new truck) needs to wait until the house is done. I am hoping by next fall.... I want the Hummer, but the Denali does appear to be more luxurious and would probably suit better other than the HUMMER being Way Cooler in my opinion.

·
Registered
436 Posts
And some like the Hummer have the charger location in the rear and others in the front (I think that the Blazer and Equinox both are in the front but that's just from my memory) and it's not even consistent by brand.... I will probably have it wired for one in the front of the garage and another by the rear at the roll up doors...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts