GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Going to piggy back on this thread since I too have a tire question -- I hadn't realized until a month before delivery that the tires it comes with are NOT Mud & Snow tires but simply only Mud rated. Have plans to use the truck for snowy mountain travel this coming winter and figured I would see if this community has any opinions on swapping the tires out for M+S rated 35s or trying to convince the wife we need some winter only tires that would require storage in the garage. I've had no experiences with tires of this size so any pros / cons about brands and makes are appreciated.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
756 Posts
Going to piggy back on this thread since I too have a tire question -- I hadn't realized until a month before delivery that the tires it comes with are NOT Mud & Snow tires but simply only Mud rated. Have plans to use the truck for snowy mountain travel this coming winter and figured I would see if this community has any opinions on swapping the tires out for M+S rated 35s or trying to convince the wife we need some winter only tires that would require storage in the garage. I've had no experiences with tires of this size so any pros / cons about brands and makes are appreciated.
I drove mine on some light snow. It did okay but I highly recommend turning off the rear wheel steering as that seemed to make the rear end kick out way too easy. I'd probably consider getting dedicated snow tires for a full season of deep snow though.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Someone here has done the 37's.. I am drawing a blank on his nake right now, but he wrapped it with a black wrap and added 37's with bronze rims and leveled the front. I do not remember him saying anything about the range..

·
Registered
212 Posts
They are mud and snow rated ("M+S" on the sidewall), but not three peak/snowflake on mountain severe snow rated. I have the Wrangler Territory ATs on my TRX (stock tire) and pulled multiple vehicles out of the snow in the 10 ft storm over Christmas in Tahoe. They were easily as good as BF Goodrich T/As on my previous Raptor (which are snowflake on mountain rated). Haven't tried the MTs (which are also the stock tire on Broncos with Sasquatch package) in snow yet. Goodyear Territory tires in deep snow test review

Obviously, slight weight and power difference between the Bronco and the Hummer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Im really torn on keeping it on 35's vs going to 37... Im hoping someone takes the plunge and posts pics soon. I think the person that wrapped in black ... still kept it on 35's.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I’m really curious to see how quickly we will be burning through tires.
Personally don’t know if load E tires actually also wear more slowly or are just designed to carry heavier loads. I’m worried that those knobly 37’s will be done in a year or less.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I plan on doing 39s with a lift. you can do 37s with no mods but I do recommend doing a front level to be even with back which is very ease.

Since hummer has air suspension you just change out the factory links to adjustable links. As of now there is not a company making links to sell. I am getting a set made when mine comes in. Works same as any car with air suspension. I have a tesla and did lowering link so this is the opposite and it will raise the hummer vs lower it. you can adjust the links to any height. so you want 1in lift or 1.5in lift easy to do.

adventure off road did the front lift only aka leveling kit and kept back stock to give hummer even front to back look. they also did a wheel with offset that brings tire right to edge of fender so just to make sure there was no tire rub they lifted front just a little bit. http://instagr.am/p/CbQ8IGrpK7v/
side note factory tires really suck sorry to say just like factory ford raptor tires suck. best tire on market is nitto ridge grappler i got 46K miles out of a set. i did change to 37s and the new nitto recon tire on my raptor. Recon Grappler A/T | Nitto Tire

·
Registered
35 Posts
I plan on doing 39s with a lift. you can do 37s with no mods but I do recommend doing a front level to be even with back which is very ease.

Since hummer has air suspension you just change out the factory links to adjustable links. As of now there is not a company making links to sell. I am getting a set made when mine comes in. Works same as any car with air suspension. I have a tesla and did lowering link so this is the opposite and it will raise the hummer vs lower it. you can adjust the links to any height. so you want 1in lift or 1.5in lift easy to do.

adventure off road did the front lift only aka leveling kit and kept back stock to give hummer even front to back look. they also did a wheel with offset that brings tire right to edge of fender so just to make sure there was no tire rub they lifted front just a little bit. http://instagr.am/p/CbQ8IGrpK7v/
side note factory tires really suck sorry to say just like factory ford raptor tires suck. best tire on market is nitto ridge grappler i got 46K miles out of a set. i did change to 37s and the new nitto recon tire on my raptor. Recon Grappler A/T | Nitto Tire
Looks very cool wow!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts