GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
edition one sut holder here and been thinking about the 37 inch tires you could add on. Does any one know if that’s gonna be a dealer add on when you pick up your vehicle or is it going to be a add on when they call and confirm there orders? Also when they do start calling edition one holders what’s gonna happen from that point ? Will they want a bigger deposit to place your order ? … I know the subject says tires but I just started thinking of other stuff as I was typing this just extremely excited now that we are all finally getting closer to owning this beast.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
edition one sut holder here and been thinking about the 37 inch tires you could add on. Does any one know if that’s gonna be a dealer add on when you pick up your vehicle or is it going to be a add on when they call and confirm there orders? Also when they do start calling edition one holders what’s gonna happen from that point ? Will they want a bigger deposit to place your order ? … I know the subject says tires but I just started thinking of other stuff as I was typing this just extremely excited now that we are all finally getting closer to owning this beast.
I think you have to buy the tires aftermarket. I was looking , they are not cheap $500 Ea

·
Registered
115 Posts
I hope that Goodyear offers the Territory MT in 37”. I have said from the beginning that only option I want on my Edition 1 is 37s. At 9000+ pounds that means load range E for sure so aftermarket options will be limited.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I hope that Goodyear offers the Territory MT in 37”. I have said from the beginning that only option I want on my Edition 1 is 37s. At 9000+ pounds that means load range E for sure so aftermarket options will be limited.
This is all I can find... Load range E tires have 80psi pressure requirement typically, thats going to be very rough riding in the Hummer EV... These are 3525LB at 50PSI, going to be much more comfortable riding, and plenty of capability.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Your right about the load range. If Goodyear doesn’t offer the Territory MT in a 37”, I will probably go with this as Toyo has a great reputation I’m off-road, even though TireRack doesn’t carry them:Off-Road Tires With Maximum Traction | Open Country M/T
Your right about the load range. If Goodyear doesn’t offer the Territory MT in a 37”, I will probably go with this as Toyo has a great reputation I’m off-road, even though TireRack doesn’t carry them:Off-Road Tires With Maximum Traction | Open Country M/T
I see, it will be interesting to see what becomes available in the next year. Will you have 2 sets of tires, one for daily uses, and one for off roading? I ask because an EV is so sensitive to rolling resistance, and 350 mile range will quickly become 250 with a higher rolling resistance tire.

·
Registered
115 Posts
No. I will sell the stock tires to offset the cost of the 37s. The cost of another set of wheels plus the storage space is not worth the added range. At least not for my needs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts