GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
It means they are producing more than they planned, IMO because the demand was so strong; or delays in production pushed the total order amount into another model year.
This is my thought as well, I think they are thinking it’s going to take them longer than expected to build the allotments of edition 1’s they sold. They are already behind schedule. If I were an edition 1 buyer now I’d be confused though. Do I take my 22 or am I mad I can’t get a 23 just because I reserved early. Limited editions are usually limited to one model year, so how will it affect future values for those trying to buy and hope it becomes a collectors item?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Those numbers will be interesting to see. Another interesting thought…do you think GM would increase the production of edition 1’s to meet all reservations AND those who clicked the waitlist in order to help their bottom line? Maybe it would end up not being so “limited” after all

·
Registered
535 Posts
Sorry guess I just don't follow. Some people will think that even if they see someone driving a $40k Mercedes CLA. Most people associate certain brands with "rich" people regardless of what the actual vehicle costs. Most people have no idea what the Hummer cost unless they have specifically been following the Hummer marketing, and those same people are the same ones who follow a lot of automotive media and see the repetitive prices of other luxury brands. 90% of the customers on the road don't know what a vehicle costs until they are in the market and they research the vehicle they want. There are people all over driving Escalades which cost the same or more than these Hummers and there are A LOT more of them. To most people this is just a normal every day thing.

If you haven't bought a vehicle this expensive before and you are worried what people will think of you I think you can rest assure that most people couldn't care less ad its not going to bring you a bunch of unwanted attention. Most people aren't turning their heads all over to watch a truck or SUV go down the street. While the Hummer is a cool looking truck it isn't a Lamborghini going down the road that is going to turn the head of every single driver. Unless someone has specifically been looking for Hummer info they are probably just going to think its another $70k truck going down the road.

Hope that eases your mind a little.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.