GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
I read that they had 17 complete and ready to deliver before the end of the year, Don't know if that happened...Don't ask me where I read it, it was in some blog somewhere on the internet, so you know it's true...Bon Jour...lol
For the people that want one I hope they make more, for the people that have a confirmed reservation I hope they don't make any more to keep the value up.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Speaking of FACT vs FICTION

Did anyone see this post from GM Authority?

Production of the 2022 GMC Hummer EV Edition 1 pickup began at the GM Factory Zero plant in Michigan in December.
All 2022 model-year Hummer EV pickups will be of the limited-run Edition 1 trim,
which come identically equipped with a white exterior, white Lunar Horizon interior and bronzed “Edition 1” interior badging. The Hummer EV Edition 1 also comes standard with GM’s hands-free Super Cruise driving system and the Extreme Off-Road Package, which adds 18-inch wheels, 35-inch Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT tires, underbody skid plates, frame rail rock sliders and underbody cameras.
Prices for the 2022 GMC Hummer EV Edition 1 started at $110,295, but all available reservation slots have now been spoken for. The non-limited production versions of the battery-electric truck will enter production in the fall of 2022.
I hate the fact that they (The Media) is constantly mentioning the price of the Hummer EV Edition 1. (Why should the whole world know what I paid for something!)
Now everyplace you take your new Hummer people will say "Oh look at that rich dick, He just paid $125,000 for that truck" You may not care what other people think, however it will release a certain amount of resentment to the fact that you're rich and they are not. What they don't know is that some of us will be going into hock to get one of these and just because we choose to spend our money on something like that instead of whatever their vice is, doesn't give them the right to judge. The same way I am judging them for the way they think...lol!!!!

Every day I check my email 10 times hoping to see that email that says "Go Contact Your Dealer To Order your 2022 Edition 1 Hummer EV for $125,000.00 Tax included!!!"

and just in case anyone is interested, I have an almost life size picture of the Hummer EV on the wall in my office that I look at every day!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Did you ever see the move with Kurt Russel "Breakdown"
It's about an appears to be Rich Guy and his wife with his Shiny new BMW and a small town out west!
That's why I care!!!
and that most people I know would "NEVER SPEND THAT KIND OF MONEY ON A CAR"
Just having the price advertised so blatantly is annoying!

QUOTE: "Most media articles always mention the price of a new BMW, Escalade, Mercedes, etc."

Yes, but the media doesn't harp on it like they are doing with the Hummer.

It's just me, I don't like that kind of attention!

·
Registered
152 Posts
It does ease my mind, thanks. People are funny. I may have not bought a car that was that expensive yet, but I do have some head turning cars. I love them, but I hate the attention I get when I drive them. It is mostly negative. Except when I drive my 1932 Yellow American Graffiti look-a-like Hot Rod. That makes people smile, and they say, wow you must have spent a lot of money on this car. I just want to say STFU!!!! But I just smile and say yup, labor of love, I actually built the car so I don't feel like a poser!

What made me realize about the media and their obnoxious tendency to overinflate things for more ratings is a friend of mine who is not really into cars calls me the other day and says, did you see the new Hummer, it's electric and it cost $112,000. I just saw it on ABC News, are you going to get one???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.