GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Wont be a recall unless water starts making its way into the dash and causing safety issues. Otherwise it will be fixed on complaint basis.
Well water makes it down the pillar and can corrode the main high voltage contactor causing full power loss so maybe...

·
Registered
GMC Gas / Diesel / EV Technician
59 Posts
Multiple times I've seen water/rust in a couple of the "nuts" that hold the I-bar secure when I go to take the top off. I spilled rusty water on my center console out of one of these the first time I took my sky panels off. Perhaps I need the new seal too. I LOVE this forum for the information and experiences I've learned/shared with others about their trucks!
Well water makes it down the pillar and can corrode the main high voltage contactor causing full power loss so maybe...
Battery pack is water tight. The main connectors to battery are underneath the vehicle which is covered by multiple skid plates. The connections to the pack are also water resistant. Only thing it could do is get possibly the BCM wet under the dash, or connector in the cab to something wet. No high voltage anything in cabin

·
Registered
406 Posts
Battery pack is water tight. The main connectors to battery are underneath the vehicle which is covered by multiple skid plates. The connections to the pack are also water resistant. Only thing it could do is get possibly the BCM wet under the dash, or connector in the cab to something wet. No high voltage anything in cabin
Ah OK of course. What part was being protected in recall by sealant from a pillar leakage? Connector/contactor?

·
Registered
GMC Gas / Diesel / EV Technician
59 Posts
Ah OK of course. What part was being protected in recall by sealant from a pillar leakage? Connector/contactor?
The early battery packs have a recall to reseal the battery back connectors. There is also a corrosion problem in the drivers door wiring harness from body to door. There requires sealing up a body seam. I don’t know if that effects all vehicles even

·
Registered
51 Posts
After a detail I had water coming in from the front I-bar bolts. I took it in to service and also had the new ride height sensors installed and update for Extract.

Turns out the I-Bar was installed backwards. It looks the same like it can be installed any direction but it is marked front and rear. After they installed it correctly no more leaks.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
InsideEV must be having a slow news day, a leaky weatherstrip in a few trucks is hardly big news. My Model Y hatch leaked when new, and I did not remember InsideEV reporting on that? First time I washed the car it was a deluge of water into the car. It had a pinched seal, and instead of replacing the seal, Tesla service heated and and formed it back to shape, kinda. It doesn't leak anymore but still looks deformed, and showed me the quality of Tesla service.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts