GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

As the title says, just got into the truck after it rained overnight and it's leaking water – it pools and drips down onto the center console from the middle section of the front roof panels. Has anyone else experienced this so far?

Does anyone know of a GMC dealer in NYC that could service this?

Thank you in advance!
Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior Personal luxury car Automotive tire

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have heard of that recall, I didn't receive any notice from GMC however on it - so I was wondering about that. I bought the car out of state and now it's in NYC. I've called a few dealers and they've all told me they don't service it yet because they haven't received any training on it? I was kind of puzzled by that but thus why I'm asking here if anyone knows of a dealer that does in fact service the truck. Thank you for your response!

·
Registered
2019, Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,260 Posts
Not positive, but I believe that they already have a recall/or replacement I-bar because of this... Maybe yours did not get the updated part... My suggestion would be to check with your dealer
I have heard of that recall, I didn't receive any notice from GMC however on it - so I was wondering about that. I bought the car out of state and now it's in NYC. I've called a few dealers and they've all told me they don't service it yet because they haven't received any training on it? I was kind of puzzled by that but thus why I'm asking here if anyone knows of a dealer that does in fact service the truck. Thank you for your response!
It's not a recall it's a Customer Satisfaction Program at the Dealership. They will replace the I-Bar if you experience the issue if you bring it in because of it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Quite a few have had this, many have shared their big leaks on Facebook. Ya need to go in for new ibars [both I think] that are redesigned with different seals and no water channels. Newer builds likely have this fixed but probably no trucks built before June factory closure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not a recall it's a Customer Satisfaction Program at the Dealership. They will replace the I-Bar if you experience the issue if you bring it in because of it.
Quite a few have had this, many have shared their big leaks on Facebook. Ya need to go in for new ibars [both I think] that are redesigned with different seals and no water channels. Newer builds likely have this fixed but probably no trucks built before June factory closure.
Terrific. Thank you both for the reply on this - I'll be sure to mention this to the dealership that could help me.

Still the search continues for an NYC GMC dealer that might take the truck, endless calls, I tell ya!

·
Registered
GMC Gas / Diesel / EV Technician
59 Posts
Terrific. Thank you both for the reply on this - I'll be sure to mention this to the dealership that could help me.

Still the search continues for an NYC GMC dealer that might take the truck, endless calls, I tell ya!
Talk to your dealership, they will have to order the new updated Ibeams. They changed the seal design.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Tested it with the hose for 10 minutes, no drips inside yet
You won't see the drips until you drive around, turn, etc. Did ya really test/try all that. If so then great as either yours are sealed well as is, or you have the newer iBars (you did get yours a little more recently than others), or something worked for ya :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Tested it with the hose for 10 minutes, no drips inside yet
Wont do it right away. Sits in the beam until you move the vehicle enough for the water to drip out. The new I Beam has a seal around the bolt holes. The two trucks Ive changed so far both had water in the I beam even a week after car wash

·
Registered
100 Posts
Wont do it right away. Sits in the beam until you move the vehicle enough for the water to drip out. The new I Beam has a seal around the bolt holes. The two trucks Ive changed so far both had water in the I beam even a week after car wash
Do you think GM will issue a full recall for this like they did with the charging port? Or just warranty fix it for people who have drips and complain to their dealership about it?

·
Registered
2019, Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,260 Posts
Do you think GM will issue a full recall for this like they did with the charging port? Or just warranty fix it for people who have drips and complain to their dealership about it?
This isn't a safety issue or an issue that will impact the vehicle. It's going to stay a Customer Satisfaction Program.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Multiple times I've seen water/rust in a couple of the "nuts" that hold the I-bar secure when I go to take the top off. I spilled rusty water on my center console out of one of these the first time I took my sky panels off. Perhaps I need the new seal too. I LOVE this forum for the information and experiences I've learned/shared with others about their trucks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Wont be a recall unless water starts making its way into the dash and causing safety issues. Otherwise it will be fixed on complaint basis.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts