GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thank you for the welcome @Oakwood!
I was going to wait for the SUV, but when I showed my wife the Hummer EV video, she said she may want the SUV!
So I went ahead and secured a reservation for the EV3x.
Yeah the waiting is always the hardest part haha congrats on the reservation. I wish they released the SUV along with the pickup, but I get that they want to be out ahead in the electric pickup market.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
TFL met the Hummer EV SUV in person and it looks like they got a shot of the colors it'll come with. (2:09)

That matte color on the SUV is an early favorite of mine.

·
Super Moderator
517 Posts
TFL met the Hummer EV SUV in person and it looks like they got a shot of the colors it'll come with. (2:09)

View attachment 706 View attachment 707
I'm also a big fan of the matte, and the orange and blue as well...but my H-EV is without a doubt going to be that sinister black. Mama Mia!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm also a big fan of the matte, and the orange and blue as well...but my H-EV is without a doubt going to be that sinister black. Mama Mia!
Thank you for the post.
A great presentation by Andre as usual. I really respect the TFL Truck team!
I like the bronze. And I was right to go with a reservation for the truck. Living in West Texas I need all the range I can squeeze out of the batteries!

·
Super Moderator
517 Posts
Thank you for the post.
A great presentation by Andre as usual. I really respect the TFL Truck team!
I like the bronze. And I was right to go with a reservation for the truck. Living in West Texas I need all the range I can squeeze out of the batteries!
Welcome to the forums, @MW Corkrum! And I hear you brother, you're going to want to get the max range you can get lol. But the good news is, they're both such beasts that it's no compromise!

·
Registered
8 Posts

It’s amazing looking at these colors how much the matte finish really accentuates the body lines. You can really see every line in the matte versus how washed out they get in some of the other colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
272 Posts

The light grey color beside the matte is my favorite of the bunch. I think it'll suit the pickup or SUV perfectly. I don't mind a matte finish but I don't want to maintain it either haha.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That light grey color next to the matte green is actually the Lunar White / Ghost White that is the special Edition 1 color for the truck. It’s a multicoat or pearl coat metallic and looks a bit more grey here than normal, which it can definitely look like that in the right lighting. Although, it’s a difficult color to get right on camera... In most shots of the reveal truck it tends to show more as plain white or even a bit yellow or whatever color it picks up from its surroundings. They do have a light grey that is non-metallic, next to the orange in these pictures. The test mule trucks that are out there now are all just plain non-metallic white.

The Moonshot Green Matte color for the Edition 1 SUV is a matte grey/green paint with a satin clear coat. It’s my favorite for sure. I‘m hoping it will be available on the truck, but I’m thinking it will be SUV only...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Which represents the color of the Edition 1 Truck (ghost white)? Is it 4th from the bottom? Every one (including auction vehicle) we have seen looks like 3rd from the top....

·
Registered
39 Posts
These are all renders so I wouldn’t put much stock in them for accuracy. But I’m thinking it’s the one below the orange. Also keep in mind that the test mule trucks in the wild are just plain non-metallic white. The reveal truck is metallic and should be representative of the final color. Like most forms of metallic pearl white, it really takes on color from its surroundings. Pictures of samples and closeups of the reveal truck paint seem to show a hint of grey while it’s not apparent in pictures of the whole truck. Can’t wait to see it in person.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Which represents the color of the Edition 1 Truck (ghost white)? Is it 4th from the bottom? Every one (including auction vehicle) we have seen looks like 3rd from the top....
If I had to guess it's the third one from the top. But I'm not entirely sure either. I wish they added the names in that video.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts