GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

Fix the roof with new seals or leave it alone?

• Fix Roof

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Keep a rag handy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I got my seals changed out on my roof and its rattle free.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am scheduled for my 1st service appt this week.

I keep my truck parked outside as I do not have a garage. When it rains and sits sometimes the next time I drive it I get a about a cup full of water all over my back seat. So I have keep a decent rag and wipe everything up.

I am psychiotic about noises and rattles - which my truck has NONE of. My roof does not squeak or rattle.

I am worried that if I get the new seals, there is a chance that my roof will rattle

· Registered
370 Posts
I am scheduled for my 1st service appt this week.

I keep my truck parked outside as I do not have a garage. When it rains and sits sometimes the next time I drive it I get a about a cup full of water all over my back seat. So I have keep a decent rag and wipe everything up.

I am psychiotic about noises and rattles - which my truck has NONE of. My roof does not squeak or rattle.

I am worried that if I get the new seals, there is a chance that my roof will rattle
I'd get the problem you DO have fixed and worry about the problem you might have later. Seems like leaky and squeaky roof panels were an early problem I haven't heard much of since.

· Administrator
Lincoln MKZ AWD, Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
757 Posts
I'd get the problem you DO have fixed and worry about the problem you might have later. Seems like leaky and squeaky roof panels were an early problem I haven't heard much of since.
Bingo. Couldn't have said it better myself.

· Registered
468 Posts
The water leaks need the new iBar. Don't worry as it's removable easily anyway. The seals should be fine but can be replaced just as easy too if need. The creaks from seals will go down a LOT if put some silicone lube on them, mine went away almost fully then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts