GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, quick question about the GM accessory wheel package. When viewing this on GM’s website it explains this package comes with Goodyear MT tires. Are these different tires than the included stock tires on the edition 1?

I thought the stock tires were AT tires?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi all, quick question about the GM accessory wheel package. When viewing this on GM’s website it explains this package comes with Goodyear MT tires. Are these different tires than the included stock tires on the edition 1?

I thought the stock tires were AT tires?
You're right, the stock tires are custom Goodyear Wrangler all-territory tires Tire Size? The Wheel package on the accessories is a complete packing including tire pressure sensors, hub caps, etc. You can also just get each wheel by itself (and hub cap) and have the dealership move the sensors and tires over to the new wheels. I'm kicking around getting a set of 37" Nitto Ridge Grappler's to fit the 18" wheel for mine. Ridge Grappler | Nitto Tire

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're right, the stock tires are custom Goodyear Wrangler all-territory tires Tire Size? The Wheel package on the accessories is a complete packing including tire pressure sensors, hub caps, etc. You can also just get each wheel by itself (and hub cap) and have the dealership move the sensors and tires over to the new wheels. I'm kicking around getting a set of 37" Nitto Ridge Grappler's to fit the 18" wheel for mine. Ridge Grappler | Nitto Tire
So the tires in that link are the same tire as the oem stock tires? I would entertain aftermarket tires but not sure anything has a high enough load rating.

·
Registered
95 Posts
So the tires in that link are the same tire as the oem stock tires? I would entertain aftermarket tires but not sure anything has a high enough load rating.
actually, now that I look at it again, those might be the same tires as what is already on there? Mud Terrain Tire – LT305/70R18 E 126/123 R BW OOR I honestly don't know why they would sell that package with the same exact tires that are already on there, but who knows..

I think as long as you stay in the load range E and above on the tires you should be good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts